Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 210147
Candidate will be primarily responsible to design and develop required automation as part of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) aligning to our cloud first strategy
He/She needs to utilize latest technology, cloud services(AWS, Azure and GCP) and best tools to implement 100% automation towards build, deploy and test Teradata database on all supported platforms (both on-premises and cloud).
Candidate will be reporting to Engineering Manager, and expected to technically interact with the team in terms of design/develop/review the automation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
B.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or related field with 4+ years of programming experience in quality and DevOps area.
- Experience in DevOps tool stack (Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible etc.)
- Experience in implementing CICD
- Experience/knowledge on cloud technologies such as CloudStack, VMware, AWS, AZURE and GCP etc. is a must
- Experience in cloud scalability, elasticity and cloud identity management, CFT, AMI, Cloud VPN and cloud networking will be a plus
- Source control with Git, SVN or Clearcase
- Experience in advanced scripting (Ruby/Python)
- Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
- Exposure to Agile development model and corresponding tracking tools like JIRA
- Experience in database products is a plus.
- Knowledge on code coverage and Coverity tools is a plus
- Perl/Shell/Java scripting is an added advantage
- Knowledge on JSON or similar technologies and Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST) is a plus
CICD pipelines need to be developed to validate the product right from the time of development till integration. This includes automating the build, deploy and test phases at feature level as well as at integration level.
- Ability to visualize 100% automation in CICD
- Good programming skills with scripting languages such as Perl, Python
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration environment (i.e. Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant)
- Attention to detail
- Experience in Linux system administration
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Good understanding on software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing etc.,)
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN