Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 210144
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico
Teradata, the world’s largest company solely focused on enterprise data warehousing and analytic solutions, provides powerful solutions for companies of all sizes. Through innovation, consulting services, technology, and industry-specific applications, our customers are outpacing their competition with enterprise agility. It's no secret our people make Teradata great. The world’s business leaders have trusted Teradata for decades as the key to their competitive edge with business intelligence. Why? Because we provide them the agility to adapt and move with confidence – just like we do. We are more than 10,000 passionate professionals in more than 42 countries and we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence.
Teradata Service Analytics team is dedicated to automating customer support and transforming customer support from reactive to proactive by leveraging data and analytics. Our vision is to optimize Customer’s Teradata solution performance and availability, through automated analytics driven predictive/proactive issue resolution while enabling Customer self-service. Specifically, to develop an analytics software system for customer support, which will
- Utilize data and analytics to predict Customer operational issues
- Proactively provide solutions to avoid impact to Customer operations
- Enable Customers to quickly and easily resolve their own problems
- Automatically assist Customer Support Associates to quickly resolve customer issues
As a member of our team, you will work in collaboration with other members to research, design, prototype, test and document novel algorithms and predictive analytics for automated, near real time decision making on data and problems. On a daily basis, you will work with datasets performing tasks such as data integration, data cleansing, exploratory analysis, predictive modeling (including rules engines), rapid prototyping, and analytics operations once the model is release into production. You will present findings to teammates and guide the transition of new algorithms into operational code. You will also serve as a point person for collaborations with various stakeholders including subject matter experts, business owners, business analysts, software engineers, data engineers, and upper management.
- Master’s or PhD degree in a related discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, etc)
- 3+ years of related experience gained through a combination of academic studies and work experience
- Prior work and/or research demonstrates experience in the following areas
- Exploratory Data Analysis: Querying data, providing statistics
- Data mining: discovery of patterns & signals in data or anomaly detection
- Model Development: Decision trees, probabilistic reasoning, neural networks, clustering, case based reasoning, rules engines
- Collaboration: Working in team environments with multiple disciplines and work styles
- Natural language processing and text analysis
- Quantitative reasoning: Drawing conclusions from data and generating actionable information
- Software engineering: Ability to work with team members to implement algorithms
- Operations: Monitoring and maintaining models in production
- Extensive knowledge of Python (must include SciPy, NumPy, Pandas, Jupyter Notebooks)
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Excellent quantitative reasoning and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with and lead an interdisciplinary team members to solve problems
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for analytics and solving real world problems
- Experience in customer service domain
- Experience with machine telemetry
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX