Staff Cloud QA Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 210128
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
- Act as a senior technical expert in the Cloud Engineering and Services India org for Quality and Test Automation on all the public cloud platform infrastructure where Teradata operates
- Be a strong proponent of Quality, Automation and Test principles and be responsible to devise strategies and guide team members on the industry best practices.
- Plan and Implement test automation guidelines and be responsible for driving those across unit, functional, non-functional, integration, performance and deployment tests.
- Able to perform risk assessments and carry out optimizations across the public cloud infrastructure, network configurations, CI/CD and its services.
- Be a gate-keeper from technical aspect for the release readiness and new capability build out.
- Coordinate with distributed product teams across geographies, product verticals and product managers to get to an alignment on the goals and objectives of the validation and verification techniques deployed on cloud.
Skills and Experience required:
- Strong expertise and passion on Quality Assurance, Automation and Cloud DevOps principles with over 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out testing of distributed middleware products or services, microservices and container platforms.
- Experience in defining QA strategy for a multi-tenant, SaaS product on public cloud platforms is a must.
- Proficiency in testing applications and services on at least one or more public cloud infrastructure – AWS, Azure or Google
- Hands-on experience on programming language constructs – Python, Golang or Java
- Good command over scripting (Ansible, Terraform, CFT, etc) and cloud native services.
- Proficiency in CI / CD, Jenkins, Junit, Git, Python-based test frameworks.
- Conversant with best of the breed cloud quality methodologies, tools and processes.
- Demonstrated experience of driving new test creation, debugging and troubleshooting complex deployment and customer environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud QA Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN