Manager, Cloud Engineering
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 210119
Senior Manager, Cloud Services
Is automation in your DNA? Are you excited about the limitless potential of Cloud solutions? If you are open to exploring new technologies and love the challenge of working in a highly distributed and dynamic hybrid Cloud environment, we want to hear from you! The Teradata IntelliCloud™ team in San Diego is looking for a Cloud Services Manager who is passionate about building services on the cloud and a customer focused mindset. You will be instrumental in designing and operating a high-availability cloud environment that enables fast-paced development and deployments.
- Leading team to build micro-services in a SOA.
- Promoting and proactively creating a culture and practices for continuously improving processes and customer satisfaction
- Working closely with developers to set measurable metrics and reporting for operational efficiency
- Designing and operating highly available software in large distributed and virtual environments
- Managing small- to medium-sized projects and assist in resolving issues and planning for new network services and connectivity
- Developing and supporting innovative solutions that leverage a wide variety of technologies in open source and the Cloud
- Building a high-performing team by mentoring, training and preparing for career progression and learning
- 8+ years of related technical experience working in enterprise-scale data center environment
- 5+ years in a full-time management role
- Experience with public and private Cloud technologies (like AWS, Azure, GC, Kubernetes)
What’s in it for you?
Teradata offers you an excellent compensation and benefits package, including unlimited personal time off and the opportunity to live and work in one of the most desirable places in the world, sunny San Diego. You’ll also be part of a Company with a portfolio of Cloud-based business analytics solutions, architecture consulting, and industry-leading big data and analytics technology. Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies and great people.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Cloud Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US