Staff Cloud Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210117
Staff Software Engineer
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for experienced developers to join our Teradata Managed Cloud team. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Join the Teradata Managed Cloud team as a Staff Software Engineer focused on building cutting-edge software for delivering cloud-based products and services. As a Staff Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to build new applications and services from scratch as well as extending the functionality of existing applications and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architecting and developing core systems of services, prototypes, and proofs-of-concept.
- Roughly 70% hands-on coding.
- Applies technical expertise and an understanding of business needs to design and develop innovative solutions in the cloud.
- Utilizes deep understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
- Works in a cross-functional style, developing relationships with external teams and working across teams to achieve results.
- Effectively communicating technical solutions and decisions to both technical and leadership audiences through documentation, presentations, and verbal communications.
- Development of accurate time estimates and milestones for projects.
- Coaches and mentors less senior software engineers in software development techniques and cloud development.
- Able to act as technical lead for one or more projects.
- S. or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience in professional software engineering, including agile development.
- Extensive experience with cloud-based development and systems.
- Experience developing large distributed systems and cloud services that are scalable, reliable, secure, and supportable.
- Extensive experience with REST, Web Services, CI/CD systems, Linux, and Java enterprise development.
- Experience working in large enterprise environments, implementing complex solutions utilizing cloud services in AWS (beyond simply EC2).
- Experience working with remote/offshore teams.
- Knowledge of Jira, Git, Jenkins, and Maven.
- Experience with Python and scripting languages.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, or similar software configuration tools.
- Experience with UI development.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US