Product Support Team Manager (Platform)
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 210098
Product Support Team Manager (Platform), Global Support Organization - India
The Manager of the Platform OS/PDE & HW/SM team within India will lead a group of Product Support Engineers responsible for providing 24/7 technical support to resolve customer incidents/issues. The candidate is responsible for setting scheduling, objectives, identifying and documenting new process, policies, procedures and plans for the success of the team and will have primary accountability for the end results of the team.
The Manager and the team are responsible for addressing and solving unique and complex problems that could, potentially, have a broad impact to Teradata’s entire install base. As such, a high degree of analytical skills and ability to multitask are required to solve the multitude of concurrent complex problems requiring a solution. Many of the issues being addressed could have an impact beyond their own team, these issues impact related product support teams and associated engineering teams. Must work closely with other Global Support Organization (GSO) product support teams, Critical Support Office (CSO), Teradata Product Development teams, Field personnel, Service Product Managers (SPM), vendors and our customers.
The individual will need to have an In-depth understanding of concepts and principles in a multitude of disciplines. Must have the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. They will manage high-profile customer issues, while partnering with GSO teams, CSO (when appropriate) and Product Development as necessary to provide leadership in addressing critical issues. This effort involves coordinating communications and developing strategic approaches to lead internal technical teams and the customer to successful resolution. They will need to develop action plans for end-to-end resolution of issues in the field/customer install base.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Full end-to-end ownership of customer incidents
- Responsible for team providing (7x24x365) support for OS/PDE/TVS and Hardware and Server Management
- Ensure initiatives, mission, goals and values are set and clear to each team member.
- Work with the team to develop best practices to troubleshooting problems, problem solving methodologies.
- Manage, foster and grow relationships with Product Development, GSO PSTs, Product Management, and Customer Support and Services associates.
- Understand platform architecture.
- Understand our Cloud offering
- Engage early in new releases to build knowledge base, skillset and CS tools where identified.
- Knowledge Management and related activities
- Continuously evaluating tools/diagnostics/monitoring scripts and other supportability deliverables required to improve problem diagnosis or avoid incident creation and provide customers with the ability to initiate self-help or improve problem resolution time and minimize problem rediscovery
- Analytics against incidents. Collaborate with Emerging Technologies teams to identify how Service Analytics Machine can contribute to Platform
- Data analysis and presentations leading to root cause and closed loop corrective actions
- Ability to summarize data and findings and explain rationale for decisions.
- Growth and Development; including team development, skills management, training plans
- Responsible for contributing to product requirements:
- Co-own product quality and customer experience with Product Management and Product Development.
- Position will have a wide impact that extends across Teradata products and customer installed base, by nature of concentrating on isolating root cause quickly, developing tools, identifying areas of product improvements and driving those improvements to fruition with SPM’s, CSO (when engaged) and Engineering.
- Manages performance reviews and ensures there is accountability.
- Facilitates and coaches team members for professional development.
- Provides a rewarding and engaging high performance work environment.
Skills & Attributes:
- People management skills and the ability to plan, lead, and manage multiple competing complex projects.
- Ability to articulate business justification for key requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Capable of presenting problem resolution process, root cause analysis, and activities underway in technical and tactical terms to customer facing teams and customers when warranted.
- Knows to recognize and distinguish employee performance, capable of providing constructive feedback.
- Will require in depth understanding of the business dynamics of own department, as well as other departments (Product Management, Product Development, GSS, Customer, Sustaining) and how they interact.
- High degree of communications as well as negotiation skills
- Able to leverage practical means for influencing people without having direct authority.
- Seasoned in recruitment of candidates for technical positions.
- Knows when to defer decisions to technical leads.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline
- 12+ years of engineering and/or technical customer support experience or within some technical discipline
- Cultural awareness
- Closed Loop/Corrective Action experience, actively engage in Post Mortem Reviews
- Basic knowledge / experience with MS Office suite
- Ability to quickly grasp and expand knowledge in number of cross-disciplinary technologies
- Knowledge of Teradata products, technologies, and parallel architecture
- Experience working with a globally distributed organization
- Working knowledge of Operating System, Networking, NTP, security, drivers, etc…
- Understanding of PDE and TVS
- Understands platform architecture; vconfig, clique, etc..
- Working knowledge of:
- Hardware: External Storage: NetApp, Seagate. Node Server: Dell, Intel. Host Adapters, Power Management, System Interconnect: Bynet, Infiniband, BIOS and Controller FW and associated drivers.
- Server Management: External Connectivity Axeda, VPN, SM Web Services, SWS, TVI, VMS
- 24x7 operation will require working after hours engagements and being available to drive issues/incidents 24x7x365
- Some travel may be required, international/domestic
- Customer interaction, as well as possibly deliver status updates and root cause presentations to customer.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Product Support Team Manager (Platform)
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN