Sales Director - Prospect Accounts, Financial Services
Location: New York, New York US
Requisition Number: 210091
Sales Director – Prospect Accounts, Financial Services
Location: US, Virtual
The Sales Director is ultimately responsible for attainment of solution revenue, orders, and gross margin goals within the Financial Services vertical. This role will partner closely with the Regional leadership team and Account Executives to develop and execute annual and long-term strategies to develop and grow Teradata’s prospects. The Sales Director will also develop and maintain a strong relationship with our Teradata Engineering division (Teradata Labs) to ensure we have tight alignment between our customers and our Engineering team. The Sales Director will provide domain expertise and thought leadership to the sales team and helps to articulate and deploy the business strategies throughout the industry teams. The Sales Director will develop the business plan and offers direct support and guidance to the Account Executives as it relates to sales support and resources (people, tools, methodologies, and processes).
Areas of Focus
The ability to motivate and empower a sales team to achieve a common goal. This includes providing a shared vision, modeling the way, and challenging the status quo to champion new initiatives. This competency involves providing clear direction, championing change, influencing others, and creating an environment that fosters professional and personal success. This involves driving new customer footprints through solution-lead sales, developing local relationships with Partners to expand our coverage of territories and/or solution portfolio and building a sustainable Professional Services Consulting stream.
Sales Coaching and Development:
The ability to individually coach, mentor and develop sales associates to enhance their performance. This includes coaching both sales skills and selling strategy. This also includes evaluating performance and providing individual mentoring and development plans. This involves providing strong leadership in sales engagements, ensuring account executives are accountable for establishing winning sales strategies, shared expectations with Key Decision makers and executing sales engagements.
Managing Sales and Business Results:
The ability to effectively manage order/revenue generation and business profitability while meeting strategic business objectives. This includes territory design, funnel management, forecasting, resource planning, asset management, pricing decisions and expense control. This also includes an understanding of the meaning and implications of key financial levers that impact overall business performance. This includes the following but is not limited to the following:
- Set, direct, and execute winning sales strategies
- Drive execution of Accelerate Program to close new accounts/business
- Assign territories and accounts to Account Executives
- Manage the sales funnel and the line of sight
- Accurately forecast business results/outlook
- Manage budget and expense control
- Leads the Sales team consisting of Account Executives
- Develops and builds the Sales business plan for the team providing focus in the development of capabilities, including recruiting, investment decisions, pricing, and coaching others in professional development.
- Manages, fosters, and grows relationships at the executive level with high visibility, key clients across all industry sub-segments.
- Develops strategies and offerings that are relevant to Teradata customers and allows the practice to evolve ahead of changes in business conditions.
- Develops long-term strategic relationships with key customers, industry partners, and external organizations.
- Facilitates a work environment that enables the recruitment, development, and retention of top talent to drive revenue growth and increased profitability.
- This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required.
- Partner with Human Resources, Learning, Marketing/Communications, and Finance & Accounting Managers/Consultants.
- Ability to work in and lead in a teaming environment is essential.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills are required to gain common ground with customers, fellow team members, and internal partners.
- Ability to coordinate all necessary internal resources is critical.
Challenges of Work and/or Attributes:
- Must be results oriented and a “self-starter”.
- Must be able to travel to and meet with all customers within the entire region.
- Requires a sense of urgency, attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Creative thinking “outside the box” and a “can do” attitude is necessary.
Skills & Attributes:
A successful candidate should be a strategic thinker, self-starter who is creative and driven. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers. The desired candidate should be innovative and skilled at seizing opportunities and transforming strategy into results.
- BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience. Highly seasoned professionals with significant experience leading multi-functional teams.
- Minimum of five years of sales management experience.
- Minimum of eight years of Major account experience.
- Demonstrated success in managing large account relationships and developing new account opportunities.
- Demonstrated success in sales management with 75%+ success record for making personal sales management goals and minimum of 50% of associates achieving objective.
- Strong executive presence and ability to positively present themselves and the Teradata Value Proposition to customers and prospects.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to travel to meet customer requirements.
- Previous experience selling Data, Analytics and Cloud solutions.
- Hi Tech or Enterprise Software industry knowledge preferable.
- Hands-on management experience in several disciplines such as software development, information technology and systems development, marketing and sales, operations, financial management, with proven ability to integrate plans.
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel up to 50% is also expected. Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: New York
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Director - Prospect Accounts, Financial Services
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US