VP, WW GTM Enablement
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210088
VP, Sales Operations
VP, WW GTM Enablement
Teradata is the leading connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics. We are cloud-first, drive business outcomes for customers, and will not do everything ourselves. Our data platform is extensible, providing fundamental capabilities to enable our customers to build and/or buy solutions with partners. Teradata’s GTM strategy is aligned to this company positioning, and rely heavily on our sellers, partners and customers to be effectively enabled.
The VP, WW GTM Enablement will lead the strategic planning, development and delivery of sales training and field enablement for Teradata sellers, partners, and customers. This role reports to the Senior Vice President, WW GTM Operations and is a member of the WW GTM Strategy & Operations leadership team, and the WW GTM extended leadership team.
- Works effectively and tightly cross functionally with Sales, Consulting, Partner/Alliance, marketing, product, and cloud leadership to create strategic enablement programs and training offerings that align directly with the achievement of corporate objectives and drives the effectiveness of our teams.
- Develop a GTM Learning strategy that encompasses onboarding/continuing education, knowledge management, and field programs while identifying the ideal delivery support.
- For each GTM enablement program and/or initiative, works with the cross-functional team to determine the best content development strategy and field-specific education and training.
- Direct the onboarding and training activities for the sellers, partners, & customers.
- Determines opportunities for improving the sales learning experience, and identifies innovative techniques for delivery and consumption
- Measures and reports on the effectiveness of enablement investments and the programs conducted and analyze performance and skillsets of sales personnel with sales leadership to determine needs for additional training and growth
- Responds to internal enablement requests and ensure all circumstances and requirements are considered when making recommendations for new projects that impact business systems, processes, procedures, and policies
- Assist with product education around new features, functionality, and enhancements surrounding product launches to incorporate marketing strategy into training curriculum
- Lead educational aspect and content preparation around: sales certification, sales bootcamp, Sales Kickoff, QBRs, and other company training events as needed
- Be an integral member of the communications and messaging team
- Be the expert in buyer personas, understand how they buy and their buying criteria and transfer that knowledge to the sales channel
- Keep informed of new training methods, systems, and produce sales training material as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years experience in the technology industry, with experience in any or all the following disciplines: Sales Management, Sales Operations and/or Learning.
- The candidate must have a fundamental understanding of “go-to-market” processes and the ability to work in a strong sales culture.
- Experience in building and scaling global education and enablement programs for a transforming organization
- Great communicator and motivator with a talent development mindset and customer focus
- Proven ability to build, drive and lead a team to highest level of engagement and effectiveness
- Track record of reliably delivering and contributing to sales team performance
- Naturally collaborative with a bias for action
- Strong familiarity with multiple sales tool solutions, including but not limited to Salesforce.com, FinancialForce and LinkedIn
- Financial and budget experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: VP, WW GTM Enablement
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US