VP, WW GTM Strategy, Planning & Incentives
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210087
VP, Sales Operations
WW GTM Strategy, Planning & Incentives VP
Teradata is the leading connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics. We are cloud-first, drive business outcomes for customers, and will not do everything ourselves. Our data platform is extensible, providing fundamental capabilities to enable our customers to build and/or buy solutions with partners. Teradata’s GTM strategy is aligned to this company positioning.
As the VP of the WW GTM Sales Strategy & Planning Team within the GTM Strategy & Operations organization, in collaboration with our Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Strategy Officer, WW GTM Strategy & Operations Leader, regional sales, and marketing leadership, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the global go-to-market strategy and lead the annual integrated sales planning process. You will have the opportunity to drive GTM strategy workstreams, investments in high potential markets and customer segments, transform sales motions and sales models, optimize sales deployment and territories, define target and productivity models, and design compensation incentives. Additionally, you and your team will be responsible for driving the full end to end Plan to Pay process from plan execution and rollout to ensuring accurate payment of commissions and the systems that enable this process.
- Lead Strategy & Transformation work stream projects across the overall GTM organization.
- Lead the definition, enhancement and implementation of a global customer segmentation, territory and account coverage models.
- Conduct research, develop analyses, and synthesize learnings to create and support recommendations that drive change to the sales model or in support of strategic GTM programs and transformation initiatives.
- Define performance measures and reporting requirements, working individually and with analysts, to evaluate effectiveness of GTM models, programs, and initiatives.
- Partner and collaborate with Sales, Business development, Finance, Operations, Enablement, and other key stakeholder groups at all levels of the organization; influence effectively across all areas and levels of the organization.
- Identify issues and challenges related to sales strategy projects and drive timely resolution.
- Work with IT to develop and implement solutions that enable an efficient and effective sales planning process.
- Participate as an active member of the extended WW GTM leadership team.
- 10+ years of strategy experience focused on sales strategy or business strategy
- 5+ years of sales planning & incentives experience
- 5+ years of experience working within a global technology company preferred
- Experience with, and detailed knowledge of, the market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
- Experience managing complex global programs
- Strong financial acumen, sales strategy, analytics, and program management experience
- Great communicator and motivator with a talent development mindset and customer focus
- Proven ability to build, drive and lead a team to highest level of engagement and effectiveness
- Track record of reliably delivering and contributing to sales team performance
- Naturally collaborative with a bias for action
- Strong familiarity with multiple sales tool solutions, including but not limited to Salesforce.com, FinancialForce, Anaplan, and LinkedIn
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: VP, WW GTM Strategy, Planning & Incentives
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US