APJ Vendor Operations Analyst
Location: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 210060
Program Management Specialist (III)
Teradata is seeking a Vendor Operations Analyst who will assist the Region Vendor Management lead with the region-wide vendor program within Teradata’s Field Services organization. This individual will participate as part of the region team on the Global Vendor Management Team providing input on region specific support methods and operations to ensure that vendors are meeting regional delivery standards and SLAs as defined in the contract. This individual will provide governance and continuous oversight for the vendor program within the region and define, align, standardize, and continuously innovate the delivery across suppliers, regional locations, and workflows to meet the needs of customers. Additionally, this individual will be a contact point for the vendor to ensure operational execution. Providing support on operational items such as gaining access to customers’ data centers, assistance with the parts process and other field operational items.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of field service delivery operations and processes, strong business acumen and judgement with the ability to execute cross functional programs/projects, and experience building / executing new processes, driving continuous improvements, and partnering to implement technology to support new business, vendors, and partners. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the end to end incident and case management value chain is seamlessly executed across the Teradata and vendor teams. This individual will be responsible for working with key external stakeholders (Vendor, Customer, Third Party Suppliers) and internal stakeholders (Global Support Organization, Global Change Control, Service Experience Managers, Project Managers, Field Services).
What You’ll Do:
- Execute within region the qualitative and quantitative global strategy for establishing standards by which to assess the performance of the vendor(s) and for ongoing improvement of field services delivery, mitigating operational risk and proactively identifying trends
- Leverage understanding of key business requirements to manage and identify opportunities to continually optimize cost for Teradata’s vendor program and agreements and maximize value from vendor partners
- Act as escalation point for vendor support quality issues from various Teradata stakeholders within the region; and facilitate resolution, postmortem root cause analysis, and continuous improvement initiatives related to the vendors’ engagement.
- Participate in region-wide projects across internal cross-functional stakeholders and vendor partners relating to benchmarking quality, identifying thematic gaps and areas of improvement, introducing industry best practice, and improving existing processes.
- Manage and maintain relationship matrix across the region with key vendor personnel to ensure the field service incident management process is executed in a manner that drives high levels of customer satisfaction. Help the region leads ensure quality standards and contractual obligations are being met or exceeded. Participate in periodical reviews with each partner, identify operational improvement areas, and partner with Procurement to execute a roadmap for re-negotiation and any cost improvement opportunities
- Execute vendor communication and change management strategy that drives transparency and alignment, which may include the implementation of new processes, systems, tools/technologies, metrics, and improvements to organizational alignment
- Share the key performance metrics and trends with the region VM lead along with facilitating regular reviews with key stakeholders; escalating gaps to the Regional Vendor Management Leader and drive improvements and resolution as needed with internal stakeholders and the vendor
Who You Are:
Domain Expertise: You have a strong working knowledge of field services delivery practices. This includes executing and providing input on developing and standardizing delivery governance, frameworks and processes, gathering data and trend analysis, and identifying areas of improvement across new and existing vendor engagements.
Analytical Capabilities: You can gather data and respond to requests for metrics from the region VM lead. You are able to build the requirements for reports and dashboards that will be used to monitor and optimize vendor performance and validate numbers.
Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills. You can be trusted to be the a point of contact for the Vendor. You seamlessly present ideas and project proposals to all levels of the business. You are proactive and navigate ambiguous situations with confidence and know the right situations in which to raise a red flag to your leadership team.
Problem solving: People will come to you with problems that they can’t solve and look for guidance. You research possible outcomes and proactively make recommendations based on your operational knowledge of the business and provide assistance with the effective implementation internally and with the Vendor. You understand how to prioritize across multiple projects.
Team Player: You are part of an organization that relies on a lot of mutual trust and respect to deliver results. You are collaborative and have strong connections with others. You’ll give and take feedback well, learn from your mistakes and operate with a growth mindset.
- BA/BS degree; Business or Data Analytics preferred
- 5 + years of relevant working experience in customer support, field services and/or technology company
- Demonstrated experience driving measurable improvement in process and outcomes; field services preferred. Experience with Quality Process Outsourcing, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, ITIL or PMP
- Prior experience as a participant of a region-wide based program
- Prior vendor or operations management experience with expertise in evaluating performance of vendors, holding vendors accountable to SLAs, optimizing contracts through negotiations, and resolving reliability/dependency issues with vendor networks
- Program execution and communication, with a track record of achieving engagement from region-wide partners and delivering results
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important, clarifying next steps and prioritizing work effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Ability to work regular business hours aligned to regional time zone; in addition to flexibility to meet expectations and deliverables working in a Global business
State: Beijing Shi
Community / Marketing Title: APJ Vendor Operations Analyst
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN