Location: Moscow, Moskva RU
Requisition Number: 210051
Managed Services IV
The Data Engineer is a trained technical specialist experienced in development and support of the ETL processes (applications, workflows, procedures) to acquire data from source systems and apply the data to the tables in the relational database according to the overall datawarehouse architecture and design requirements. The Data Engineer supports the production ETL environment with the specific toolset required by the customer. In MS activities Data Engineer monitors the status of the regular processes, reports issues, recommends and performs corrective actions if needed. The Data Engineer may also provide input to the database designer to optimize the data loading of the physical database. The Data Engineer may be the Lead Consultant on a project.
The On Duty Data Engineer should be able to work out of business hours in accordance to preliminary defined schedule on the customer site.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Analyze, monitor and report current status of the processes under control.
- Understand and refine ETL requirements.
- Analyze the processes against service level agreements for data timeliness, frequency and resource usage.
- Analyze and optimization current solutions, physical model optimization, query tuning.
- Data Engineering experience 3+ years; advantage if having worked with Teradata 6 months at least or more
- In depth knowledge of any enterprise relational database; knowledge of Data Warehouse technology
- In depth knowledge of one of ETL tools: Informatica PowerCenter
- Linux Command line as a user knowledge
- Good Teradata SQL knowledge: ability to analyze code
- Ability to understand stored procedures logics
- Microsoft Excel Advanced user knowledge
- Communication skills: to be able to communicate with IT support specialists
- Java programming experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of Metadata driven approach is an advantage
- Knowledge of BigData is an advantage
- Master degree in IT or related sphere
- English intermediate, Russian native
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Moscow, Moskva RU