Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210050
Information Systems Analyst (V)
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
As an Enterprise Architect (EA) at Teradata, you will be responsible for improving the overall Teradata IT solution landscape by architecting and implementing solutions based on Teradata’s business strategy, capabilities and business requirements. The EA does this by leveraging reference architectures and EA methodologies to proactively engage business stakeholders, peers and IT staff to design and oversee solution architectures that align to future state business needs. The Enterprise Architect is responsible for developing reference architectures, models, roadmaps and high-level solution designs that maximize and optimize the Teradata IT portfolio. The EA understands Teradata’s business drivers and their relationships to the technology portfolio to perform analysis, provide general guidance, and recommend specific action related to Teradata’s enterprise architecture. The ideal candidate will also have a strong data/master data experience to guide the organization’s data assets to help provide users with high-quality data that is easily accessible in a consistent manner; influencing what kinds of information Teradata will capture, retain, use, and for what purposes.
Role and Responsibilities
- Demonstrated leadership experience in directing, developing, and integrating corporate data strategy and policies with complex systems.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic programs and policies pertaining to data quality, interoperability, governance and risk management.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture peers, IT staff and business partners to design and oversee activities related to solution architecture future states – including reference architectures, guiding principles, support models and security compliance.
- Identify opportunities spanning data models and metadata across product lines and/or services.
- Identify data elements of the enterprise technical architecture (ETA) which may impede projects and advise portfolio owners on mitigation and/or advocate for ETA changes.
- Participate in developing actionable roadmaps for the evolution of Teradata application portfolio solutions from current state to future state and provide technical oversight during execution of the plan.
- Act as a trusted advisor to Teradata executives and senior managers, provide executive-level presentations communicating the business value underlying Teradata’s information technology strategy.
- Identify opportunities spanning technical disciplines across product lines and/or services.
- Translate desired future-state business capabilities into solution architecture requirements.
- Identify elements of the enterprise technical architecture (ETA) which may impede projects and advise portfolio owners on mitigation and/or advocate for ETA changes.
- Facilitate practical technical solutions to enable business capabilities that drive business operating models and processes.
- Assist in estimating the cost/benefit of new technologies, to include both financial and technical impact.
- Facilitate the assessment and selection of software product solutions, standards and services that complement the Teradata ETA.
- Ensure all solution architecture design and analysis work is properly documented and stored for reuse.
- Provides technical direction to delivery on key transition and transformation initiatives.
- Contributes to company methods and practices community.
- Leads client-level visioning sessions for key areas identified by IT leadership.
- Shares knowledge and expertise through publishing, presenting at industry events and/or mentoring.
- Proactively collaborates with the company’s technology community.
- Collaborate with business constituents, other EA team members, project teams, and staff in various IT functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a technical discipline
- 10+ years of related experience
- Excellent teaming and communication skills. (Toastmasters CC a plus).
- Excellent planning, organization, and time-management skills
- Strong consultative, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Quickly grasp the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations and how they relate to achieving targeted business outcomes. Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to estimate the impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Visualize and create infographics which facilitate transfer of knowledge and shared understanding
- Present and communicate technical concepts effectively to nontechnical audiences
- Sound judgment and strong sense of personal accountability
- Strong, consistent business acumen and general management abilities
- Knowledge of all domains of the enterprise technical architecture
- Working knowledge and/or experience with developing cloud/mobile/data solutions. (Domain knowledge of Teradata data and analytics platform solutions a plus)
- Specialized skills in the use of architecture frameworks, methodologies and patterns through solution delivery. (TOGAF, IT4IT, DevOps, Agile, ITIL, ServiceNow APM)
- Experience with TOGAF to guide large-scale and complex Strategy and Transformation activities.
- Effective at breaking down complex problems to a level that work groups can understand and own.
- Expert knowledge of emerging industry trends a plus
- Solid, up to expert knowledge of 1-2 Vertical industry Segment(out of the 12 defined by Gartner)
- Understands and can articulate the relative strengths and weaknesses of solutions relative to a business need.
- Demonstrates and can exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Enterprise Architect
Job Category: IT
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US