Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 210048
SENIOR CLOUD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The Teradata SQLE Cloud Services team works on publishing the core Teradata SQLE product to the cloud. This includes cutting edge solutions to cloud paradigms like elasticity, dynamic recovery, automated deployment and other “cloudy” features. The team embodies the company’s mantra of “Cloud Everywhere”.
You will be working with a team of the brightest cloud and engineering minds in the industry to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge cloud database solutions.
You will be working with the latest cloud technologies and platforms to take Teradata into the lead as a cloud database offering. Working to publish a product that follows a MultiCloud and cloud agnostic approach and leverages latest cloud specific features to differentiate where applicable.
Your Specific Role/Business objectives would include:
- You must be able to design, develop, document and implement software by leveraging agile and microservices architecture.
- You are comfortable in a team environment that is highly collaborative and places strong emphasis on peer review.
- You are able to engineer applications and web services that can run in the cloud, on premise or in hybrid environments.
- You have a strong passion for developing incredibly simple, yet highly functional interfaces.
- You are knowledgeable with open source tools and technologies and can use / extend them wherever appropriate to develop solutions.
- You should be able to mentor new hires and interns.
- You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are highly motivated, think creatively, and comfortable working in team-based environments
- Experience in building distributed systems with strong focus on microservices based architectures
- RESTful API development
- Must have experience programming in Python, Java
- Golang is a plus
- Familiarity with enterprise integration and design patterns
- Experience in deploying on Public Cloud – AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Experience with Serverless architecture (e.g. AWS Lambda functions).
- Experience with public cloud platforms including: AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Experience using Agile (Scrum, Kanban) methodology and Test Driven Development
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- US Master’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) with 4+ years of experience, BS degree (in Computer Science or related field) with 5+ years of experience.
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with CI/CD (Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment)
- Integration solutions such as Jenkins, Artifactory
- Experience with containerization technology such as Docker Containers
- Experience with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- DBs – RDBMS – PostgreSQL, Teradata is a plus
- Configuration management software experience a plus - Ansible is a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US