Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210045
Software Engineer (II)
- Primary responsibilities will include implementing, testing, and documenting features, enhancements, and defects for Business Continuity Intermediate Recovery.
- The Software Engineer II will implement product features and enhancements given design documentation and general direction, as well as provide status on his/her assigned deliverables.
- Candidate should have the skills to research and resolve bugs given general direction and should be able to apply computer science/engineering educational discipline into real-world software development.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience Requirements:
- US permanent residence
- US Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2+ years of industry programming experience or US Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Go, JAVA, or C/C++ programming experience in a commercial software development project.
- Fair Knowledge on RESTful API development/testing.
- Excellent problem solving and strong debugging skills.
- Exposure to system design with ability to analyze and enhance existing designs.
- Personal resource management skills to successfully work on multiple assignments at one time and self-motivated to successfully work in a remote environment as needed.
- Experience on an Agile development team contributing to project deliverables via sprints.
- Excellent communication and teaming skills to actively participate in all SCRUM meetings.
- Experience using IntelliJ, Eclipse, or comparable IDE for software development, and experience with a variety of development tools (Git/GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, junit, Jenkins, etc.).
- Familiarity of UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems along with shell scripting (e.g., ksh, bash, etc.).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
Good to have:
- Programming experience developing multi-threaded applications in a parallel processing environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and general direction.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and SQL.
- Experience working in an Agile SAFe development process
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development
- Knowledge about cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Exposure to CICD development pipeline
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible primarily for software feature development and unit testing.
- Work with senior engineers to develop or enhance software design documents.
- Report progress against objectives on periodic basis.
Works with project team members and architects and reports to engineering manager
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US