Marketing Content Writer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210041
Content Marketing Writer (III)
The Content Writer will provide writing, editing and story concepting expertise to enable the in-house Content Team to create amazing content experiences. The Content Writer job role includes but is not limited to:
- Research, write and edit original customer stories, whitepapers, infographics, data sheets, blogs, social, and other content.
- Write clear and persuasive copy for banner ads, landing pages, email marketing campaigns, and other forms of print and digital marketing.
- Work with SMEs to develop decks, papers, blogs and marketing materials.
- Collaborate with designers, project managers, marketers and others on projects and campaigns.
- Provide original content ideas to support thought leadership positioning, provide a good user experience, drive organic traffic from search engines, and engage and encourage readers to move further along the customer journey.
- Optimize copy for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) purposes.
- Understand the voice, messaging, brand and current strategy for existing customers. Learn about customers’ industries to produce comprehensive, strategic and engaging copy for key personas.
- Work with creative and demand generation teams to explore and develop unique ideas and concepts for both the visual and copy elements of content.
- Revise, edit and proofread content to update brand, products and messaging.
- Manage and maintain content. Track changes and maintain version control.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong writing, editing and research skills.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of how to apply campaign optimization strategies.
- Ability to work with diverse teams with diverse needs.
- Self-motivated, organized and deadline-driven with the ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously with many moving parts.
- Ability to follow brand guidelines, content direction, and collaborate with designers and marketers as necessary.
- Have an inquiring mind with a strong desire to learn.
- Experience writing for hi-tech B2B audiences.
- Skills providing clear creative direction and timely, helpful feedback to keep campaign work on budget and on schedule.
- 5+ years of experience working in content writing.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- BFA/BA/BS in marketing, communications, journalism or related field or equivalent experience. Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work on projects independently as well as with a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and apply brand standards.
- Ability to manage multiple project stakeholders in a customer service-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible and able to think creatively, conceptually and strategically, then execute campaigns.
- Experience with content planning and strategy.
- Experience in Demand Gen activities and processes.
- Ability to identify company differentiators and business value to feature in stories and other content.
- Must be able to write about potentially complex topics or technology in a way that a business audience can easily understand.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Content Writer
Job Category: Marketing
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US