Marketing Content Writer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210041
The Content Writer will provide writing, editing and story concepting expertise to enable the in-house Content Team to create amazing content experiences. The Content Writer job role includes but is not limited to:
- Research, write and edit original customer stories, whitepapers, infographics, data sheets, blogs, social, and other content.
- Write clear and persuasive copy for banner ads, landing pages, email marketing campaigns, and other forms of print and digital marketing.
- Work with SMEs to develop decks, papers, blogs and marketing materials.
- Collaborate with designers, project managers, marketers and others on projects and campaigns.
- Provide original content ideas to support thought leadership positioning, provide a good user experience, drive organic traffic from search engines, and engage and encourage readers to move further along the customer journey.
- Optimize copy for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) purposes.
- Understand the voice, messaging, brand and current strategy for existing customers. Learn about customers’ industries to produce comprehensive, strategic and engaging copy for key personas.
- Work with creative and demand generation teams to explore and develop unique ideas and concepts for both the visual and copy elements of content.
- Revise, edit and proofread content to update brand, products and messaging.
- Manage and maintain content. Track changes and maintain version control.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong writing, editing and research skills.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of how to apply campaign optimization strategies.
- Ability to work with diverse teams with diverse needs.
- Self-motivated, organized and deadline-driven with the ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously with many moving parts.
- Ability to follow brand guidelines, content direction, and collaborate with designers and marketers as necessary.
- Have an inquiring mind with a strong desire to learn.
- Experience writing for hi-tech B2B audiences.
- Skills providing clear creative direction and timely, helpful feedback to keep campaign work on budget and on schedule.
- 5+ years of experience working in content writing.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- BFA/BA/BS in marketing, communications, journalism or related field or equivalent experience. Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work on projects independently as well as with a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and apply brand standards.
- Ability to manage multiple project stakeholders in a customer service-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible and able to think creatively, conceptually and strategically, then execute campaigns.
- Experience with content planning and strategy.
- Experience in Demand Gen activities and processes.
- Ability to identify company differentiators and business value to feature in stories and other content.
- Must be able to write about potentially complex topics or technology in a way that a business audience can easily understand.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Content Writer
Job Category: Marketing
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US