Staff Cloud Architect
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 210037
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
- Act as a senior technical expert in the Cloud Engineering and Services India org for driving design, implementation and deployment of infrastructure services that will help ease of making Teradata products available on all the public cloud platform infrastructure.
- Become a subject matter expert to the organization for driving end-to-end cloud architecture – provisioning, network management, security, monitoring and management console.
- Contribute to DevOps, CI/CD and Quality initiatives across different teams developing cloud native services.
- Develop a repository of re-usable design patterns, code libraries, scripting templates, which can help in automation and faster execution model.
- To lead and own the architecture decisions by evaluating different architectural alternatives for public cloud infrastructure platform models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and backing it up with research-based articulation and keeping into considerations different trade-off.
- Provide technical support and governance model to the engineering teams during the release build out and for troubleshooting complex customer deployments.
- Be the sounding board to the engineering management, technical leads, other architects when it comes to estimation, risk assessments and schedule related considerations.
- Always keeping up-to date on the industry advancements, best practices and learning from community at large.
- Act as a mentor to the engineering teams on all technical aspects of the releases.
Skills and Experience that will be useful in a candidate for this role includes:
- Proven experience of around 12+ years in industry with good amount of time spent in similar role across different capacities – cloud application development; cloud architecture; Cloud DevOps.
- Demonstrated experience in architecting, designing, and implementing highly-distributed global cloud-based services and products with strong consideration on network infrastructure, security, data, or elasticity of the runtime operations – on at least one or more public cloud infrastructure platform – AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Understanding of large-scale enterprise distributed computing solutions and services using cloud-native technologies is a must.
- Strong background in Linux / Unix.
- Good expertise on programming construct using Python, Golang, Java is preferred.
- Experience in automation/configuration management using Ansible, Terraform, Saltstack, Bosh or an equivalent.
- Solid understanding of networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks – VPC, Private Link, etc.
- Extensive knowledge about designing RESTful micro-services; server-less frameworks and having strong fundamentals in SOA, object-oriented design and messaging frameworks.
- Good understanding of CI / CD tools (Jenkins) and scheduling, orchestration and containerization frameworks like Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN