Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210034
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the SVP of Business Development & GM Cloud
Location: San Diego, CA
Teradata is currently seeking an energetic and highly detail-oriented self-starter with excellent people skills to support and partner with the SVP of BD & GM Cloud in our San Diego office. The Executive Assistant must be able to operate within a fast-paced, rapidly changing growth environment. S/he must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to manage ambiguity. The ideal candidate must also operate within a high level of confidentiality, possess excellent interpersonal skills, experience with project coordination, and the ability to engage effectively with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors. Additionally, this role requires a results-oriented, self-motivator who can work proactively and independently.
How You’ll Make a Difference
As an Executive Assistant, you will work strategically and tactically, interfacing with business units and functions across the company critical to the future success of the company. You will understand the inner workings of the business and handle complicated logistics. You need also have superb judgment and the ability to work calmly under pressure, while directing others and prioritizing strategic work.
Role and Responsibilities
- This position requires in-depth knowledge of the company operations, policies and procedures and become a trusted adviser for the leadership team.
- Requirements gathering and preparation of information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and external individuals.
- Provide editorial assistance and review for department-generated documents as needed
- Manage sensitive, highly confidential, personal and proprietary information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Communicate with the highest degree of efficiency and clarity via email, text, messaging, and telephone.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Sit in staff meetings and manage action items and follow ups
- Manage calendar as “command central” for all activities including business and personal, prioritizing functions and appointments to ensure meetings, deadlines, presentations and other duties are completed.
- Arranging and booking international and domestic travel, organizing car transportation, hotel accommodations, conferences, and meals as needed.
- Preparing comprehensive travel itineraries and contact lists specific to each trip and orchestrate all business trips from start to finish within travel preferences of the SVP & GM.
- Manage expenses, support special projects and financial reporting as requested.
- Deploy and use with proficiency on a regular basis: Workday Expense, GetThere Travel, HR forms, AmEx Purchasing and Travel Card reconciliation, etc.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5+ years hands on experience expediting business projects in support of a senior executive in a complex organization.
- Must be highly flexible, stress tolerant and motivated, able to troubleshoot issues and work with limited supervision as well as in a team setting.
- Excellent professional ethics, integrity and judgment.
- Extensive experience managing intricate professional/personal schedule, travel, expenses, and productivity of multi-national organization run by an Executive in charge of a BU and anticipate all contingencies.
- Experience serving as a liaison with 24/7 availability.
- Must possess the confidence and self-awareness to make executive decisions about scheduling and other necessary matters on behalf of the Executive and GM.
- Highly proficient in O365, Workday, Excel/Sheets and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Candidates should be well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task with a track record as a strategic thinker capable of foreseeing impacts of simultaneous projects.
- This role requires a strong judgment, decision making, time management, and prioritizing skills.
- Must be energetic, positive, outgoing, proactive and resourceful.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience working with a multi-national company and in technology industry, a plus
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of the Big Data, Analytics, AI industry! Teradata invented the Big Data space and we’re now leading it at scale
- A beautiful campus featuring an on-site cafeteria, coffee shop, juice bar, game room, fitness facility, a 1-mile walking path, and great views across San Diego
- Voted as one of the world’s most ethical companies for 8 years running
With more than 9,000 employees in 43 countries, Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Executive Assistant
Job Category: Administrative
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US