Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210033
Administrative Assistant III
Administrative Assistant – Strategy Office
Teradata is currently seeking an energetic detail-oriented self-starter with excellent people skills to support and partner with the Strategy Office Leadership team. The ideal candidate must be able to support multiple people with competing priorities, and enable their work through excellent administrative support, organizational agility, and an ability to operate within a fast-paced, rapidly changing growth environment. S/he must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to manage ambiguity. The ideal candidate must also operate within a high level of confidentiality, possess excellent interpersonal skills, have experience with project coordination, and be able to engage effectively with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors.
How You’ll Make a Difference
As an Administrative Assistant to the Strategy Office, you will report to the VP Strategy & Global Strategic Initiatives and will have responsibility for supporting the Strategy Office leadership team (Strategy & Planning, Transformation Office, Global Strategic Initiatives) and key initiatives for the department. These leaders are in different time zones (California, Florida and London) where flexibility will be required. You will understand the strategy organization’s key priorities how you can enable the leaders through effective communications, meeting coordination, presentation preparation, and other administrative tasks.
Role and Responsibilities
- This position requires in-depth knowledge of the company operations, policies and procedures and become a trusted adviser for the leadership team.
- Provide editorial assistance and review for department-generated documents as needed
- Manage confidential information with discretion.
- Effectively communicate (verbal, written) and set expectations on deliverables
- Exercise judgment and navigate within the organization to obtain information or create solutions.
- Manage calendars and activities of the Strategy Office leadership team members; prioritizing functions and appointments to ensure meetings, deadlines, presentations and other duties are completed.
- Arrange travel and completing expense reports
- Meeting logistics and preparation (invitations, room and catering notifications as needed).
- Assist in managing expenses and financial reporting as requested.
- Deploy and use with proficiency on a regular basis: MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Outlook, Teams, SharePoint Workday Expense, GetThere Travel, HR forms, AmEx, Purchasing, etc.
- 4-6 years hands on high volume administrative support experience.
- Demonstrated experience supporting multiple leaders with competing priorities.
- Solid judgment, decision making, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and work with limited supervision as well as in a team setting.
- Excellent professional ethics with high integrity and judgment.
- Must possess confidence and self-awareness.
- Prior experience managing travel and expenses.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, Workday, Excel SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Must be energetic, positive, outgoing, proactive and resourceful.
- Experience working in a multi-national company and in technology industry, a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Category: Administrative
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US