Software Engineer, Python (Virtual-MX)
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Requisition Number: 210030
Software Engineer, Python
Location: Tijuana, BC or Virtual-MX
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
This position is for a software development team member working in the Teradata Global Support Organization (GSO). You will join a community of developers operating in an innovative community contribution development model in the spirit of open-source software development, in support of the GSCTools product. As a member of the Customer Support Tools Team you will be working with Product Support Teams, Product Management, Product Engineering, and Customer Services professionals in helping to improve tools and services strategies across our product line, which improve time-to-resolution of known and unknown problems. You will also gain familiarity with the ServiceNow platform and its automation workflows, helping to build out automated remote support capabilities.
*Strong English skills required (written & verbal)
- Build automated workflows on the ServiceNow Platform for remote support capabilities
- Support the community contribution development model
- Enhance and maintain business value customer support tools
- Mentor and train community team members
- Product Incident Management
- Contribute to vision, design, and implementation for the future of the product
- Interest in tools development striving for customer satisfaction
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing product environment, running in an agile software development model
- Strong grasp of system and software concepts related to interoperability and dependencies of various tools and applications
- Understanding of platform and SW integration, storage and operating systems
- Ability to collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary teams and across organizations and management levels
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail
- +3 years of hands on working experience on dev (Python, Java or related )
- US B1/B2 Visa Required (or ability to obtain as a condition of employment)
- Strong English/Spanish skills (written & verbal)
- BS degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Working experience with Linux Operating System
- Experience writing command-line scripts and modules using Python
- Experience writing command-line scripts in Perl and Bash
- Experience using version control systems (such as Git or SVN)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience with software automation and Jenkins build pipelines
- Experience with Cloud platform technologies such as AWS, Azure, and VMWare
- Experience with back end ETL server scripting
- Experience with writing SQL Queries
- Experience with XML and JSON
- Experience with Ansible
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer, Python (Virtual-MX)
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX