HR Business Partner - Global G&A
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210018
HR Business Partner (VI)
Teradata is seeking a Global HR Business Partner to work closely with our Marketing, Finance and Legal functions to build a high-performance organization by driving key initiatives that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of "what great HR looks like" and how business cycles influence the people agenda.
Through strategic leadership, this role will drive, and ultimately deliver on the HR strategy for their business units. The role is responsible for championing and executing human capital programs and initiatives while supporting growth and transformation for the organization. The human resources leader is an agile individual blending strategic thinking with hands-on support who improves organizational effectiveness & design, lead change management, provide leadership coaching and drive HR functional excellence.
In this role, you will manage, adapt, and drive HR programs that are sustainable and agile. The successful candidate will apply critical thinking, sound judgment, and analytical curiosity to ensure successful business outcomes.
While the ideal location for this role is near our headquarters in San Diego, CA, we will consider qualified remote candidates as well.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business leader and their leadership team; coach, and consult to improve leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance
- Engage in future strategy discussions on people, skills, capabilities needed for the future; informing decision making based on people analytics, data and research
- Consult on goal alignment, interpretation of strategy into goal setting and building commitment to goals and strategies
- Build executable people plans to support the strategy for the future (workforce planning, hiring, development, reorganizations, reductions in force, engagement survey after action planning, etc.)
- Partner with the business leader to align the leadership team on the strategy and plans; set expectations for plan execution through people leaders
- Champion inclusion efforts in support of the company’s commitment to being an anti-racist company
- Lead BU’s compensation strategy alignment and implementation; including annual LT compensation planning and oversight that ensures alignment of compensation philosophy across the BU/Function
- Participate in selection process for leadership roles (Director+) and their onboarding
- Partner with Talent Management to drive increased capabilities in global people managers to deliver improved company results
- Support company transformation, reorganization and workforce reduction activities
The Person We're Looking For:
- Manage complexity – has strength in making sense of complex business and people issues that may sometimes have contradictory data/information
- Natural problem solver – with proven ability to creatively and effectively solve problems
- Instills Trust - ability to maximize relationships, gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity, and communicate effectively
- Persuades - uses facts, data and point of view to gain the support and commitment of others
- Courage – does not shy away from a challenge and has demonstrated fortitude to professionally address difficult issues and raising concerns that need to be addressed
- Decision Quality - ability to assess complex business challenges and identify sound and timely resolutions that keep the organization moving forward
- Balances Stakeholders - anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Plans, Aligns and Delivers Results – proven skills in planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals and long-term success
- Business Insight – ability to understand the drivers of organization’s business strategies, align and translate them into key HR initiatives. Apply knowledge of business and the external marketplace trends to advance the organization’s goals
The Key Experiences You’ve Had:
- BS degree, MBA or Master’s degree in Human Resources, a plus
- 10-15 years of progressive leadership experience as an HR Business Partner
- At least 10 years generalist experience in large organizations
- Experience deploying programs in global, matrixed organizations to deliver desired outcomes
- Full life cycle program/project management experience
- High tech or professional services industry experience preferred
- Proven track record of helping transformative organizations scale and build talent.
- Facilitation of company programs / planning sessions to enable business effectiveness
- Building a strategy coupled with ability to roll up sleeves – operationalizing the strategy
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: HR Business Partner - Global G&A
Job Category: Human Resources
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US