Director - Human Resources Business Partner
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 210018
Teradata is seeking a Global HR Business Partner to work closely with our Marketing, Finance and Legal functions to build a high-performance organization by driving key initiatives that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of "what great HR looks like" and how business cycles influence the people agenda.
Through strategic leadership, this role will drive, and ultimately deliver on the HR strategy for their business units. The role is responsible for championing and executing human capital programs and initiatives while supporting growth and transformation for the organization. The human resources leader is an agile individual blending strategic thinking with hands-on support who improves organizational effectiveness & design, lead change management, provide leadership coaching and drive HR functional excellence.
In this role, you will manage, adapt, and drive HR programs that are sustainable and agile. The successful candidate will apply critical thinking, sound judgment, and analytical curiosity to ensure successful business outcomes.
While the ideal location for this role is near our headquarters in San Diego, CA, we will consider qualified remote candidates as well.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business leader and their leadership team; coach, and consult to improve leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance
- Engage in future strategy discussions on people, skills, capabilities needed for the future; informing decision making based on people analytics, data and research
- Consult on goal alignment, interpretation of strategy into goal setting and building commitment to goals and strategies
- Build executable people plans to support the strategy for the future (workforce planning, hiring, development, reorganizations, reductions in force, engagement survey after action planning, etc.)
- Partner with the business leader to align the leadership team on the strategy and plans; set expectations for plan execution through people leaders
- Champion inclusion efforts in support of the company’s commitment to being an anti-racist company
- Lead BU’s compensation strategy alignment and implementation; including annual LT compensation planning and oversight that ensures alignment of compensation philosophy across the BU/Function
- Participate in selection process for leadership roles (Director+) and their onboarding
- Partner with Talent Management to drive increased capabilities in global people managers to deliver improved company results
- Support company transformation, reorganization and workforce reduction activities
The Person We're Looking For:
- Manage complexity – has strength in making sense of complex business and people issues that may sometimes have contradictory data/information
- Natural problem solver – with proven ability to creatively and effectively solve problems
- Instills Trust - ability to maximize relationships, gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity, and communicate effectively
- Persuades - uses facts, data and point of view to gain the support and commitment of others
- Courage – does not shy away from a challenge and has demonstrated fortitude to professionally address difficult issues and raising concerns that need to be addressed
- Decision Quality - ability to assess complex business challenges and identify sound and timely resolutions that keep the organization moving forward
- Balances Stakeholders - anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Plans, Aligns and Delivers Results – proven skills in planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals and long-term success
- Business Insight – ability to understand the drivers of organization’s business strategies, align and translate them into key HR initiatives. Apply knowledge of business and the external marketplace trends to advance the organization’s goals
The Key Experiences You’ve Had:
- BS degree, MBA or Master’s degree in Human Resources, a plus
- 10-15 years of progressive leadership experience as an HR Business Partner
- At least 10 years generalist experience in large organizations
- Experience deploying programs in global, matrixed organizations to deliver desired outcomes
- Full life cycle program/project management experience
- High tech or professional services industry experience preferred
- Proven track record of helping transformative organizations scale and build talent.
- Facilitation of company programs / planning sessions to enable business effectiveness
- Building a strategy coupled with ability to roll up sleeves – operationalizing the strategy
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director - Human Resources Business Partner
Job Category: Human Resources
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US