Sr. Staff Product Manager Managed Services
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 210009
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
The Product Management Service Offer
OnPremises and Cloud Managed Services focus on services for managing hybrid and cloud environments. It enables customers to consume services involving IaaS and PaaS services alongside 3rd party and cloud native services, DevOps, micro services, containers, data protection and recovery. Managed Services provides experts that deliver 24/7 ongoing management of of the customers Teadata ecosystem. This includes track and report on cost and consumption, optimization recommendations, performance and availability monitoring and automation. All of these are enabled with streamlined and automated processes and workflows for faster delivery and reduced costs.
The role and expectations
As the Global Services Product Manager for Managed Services offers you will responsible for managing Teradata’s rapidly growing Managed Services portfolio. Primary responsibilities include reviewing investment strategies, seeking out new opportunities, and recommending changes in investments to manage risk and generate acceptable rate of return. Study and monitor services offering performance and trends that may impact the overall portfolio.
What you can expect
As part of a critical team working with the Global Services Strategy and Product Management leader you will provide leaders with insight into the many projects underway across our service portfolio. Helping strategize on how to best align our resources and finances you will monitor, control, and make intelligent adjustments to help fulfill strategic goals by developing the people, process, and tool capabilities needed to effectively manage portfolios of diverse and complex services.
Who you will work with
You’ll be working with the Product Management leadership team specifically focused on global products and services. You will be working with our Product Engineering teams, Practice leaders, and Sales and Marketing teams to develop an integrated solutions strategy.
What you will do:
- Develop recommendations and analysis that pioneer ideas for product portfolio optimization capitalizing on the seriousness and magnitude of business opportunities.
- Analyze and interpret financial and operational results against targets through the preparation of various complex analyses accounting for financial and market performance.
- Use various reporting tools and systems including financial, market share, Salesforce, Financialforce and various BI tools to gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to the CEO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Assist sales, marketing, product management, finance, and support services teams with analyzing and interpreting financial and non-financial business metrics to create action plans that grow the business.
- Evaluate the Teradata’s long-term services vision and roadmap, leading the team to determine solutions that appropriately match business needs
- Continuously evaluate portfolio, assessing performance, interpreting results, and making changes and recommendations as necessary
- Develop and execute portfolio growth plan defining expectations for sales and execution and communicate through effective messaging and positioning
- Gather client feedback and determine actions resulting from client facing service delivery check ins
- Define and execute goals and metrics against related productivity and growth targets
- Partner with the firm’s strategists, analysts, product specialists, and support services leaders to help implement service portfolio goals and objectives.
- Monitor, evaluate and streamline existing services to improve service delivery and implementation.
- Demand Management - Receiving, evaluating, and deciding upon the execution of services portfolio strategy
- Results Management - Managing, tracking, and reporting project results in comparison to the approved business case
- Portfolio Management - Monthly management of the overall portfolio. Constantly reassessing and improving processes
- Serve as trusted account advisor and earn loyalty through superior service and responsiveness
- Assist as needed with key initiatives and project within the Product Management function
- Lead the day to day execution of initiatives while guiding and developing individual team members, and you’ll take ownership of overall projects and its end products.
- Build proven leadership skills and leverage your interest in inspiring others, building strong relationships, and creating a true followership.
- Gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to Teradata.
Qualifications we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Science/Management/Finance or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years total experience working on strategic initiatives within a large, matrixed, and complex organization, including at least 2+ years of progressively more responsible portfolio management and/or managed services.
- Experience with Cloud platforms and cloud native environments
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Demonstrated executive presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal with clarity and precision
- Skilled in assessing investment information to create financial plans and determine appropriate business and customer strategies
- Must be detail oriented and have advanced analytical skills and judgment.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly energetic and multiple-engagement environment, dedication to teamwork, a strong work initiative, and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- Expertise in data tools (Excel, Microsoft BI, Tableau, etc.) to support problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to identify opportunities, formulate supporting business cases
- Ability to develop financial models to quantify potential opportunity, profitability, or pricing scenarios across offerings and markets.
- Demonstrable ability, and gain support from stakeholders with minimal supervision and manage projects from start to finish.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of others and develop relationships across the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA)
- Previous Managed Services, Cloud Managed Services or product/offer management experience
- Knowledge of advanced analytics (e.g., data science) and related technology to test various hypotheses
- 3+ years of Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) experience
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Staff Product Manager Managed Services
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN