Staff Program Manager
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Requisition Number: 210005
Program Manager – Teradata SQL Platform
For 40+ years, Teradata has been changing how the Megadata companies of the world use data and analytics to achieve better outcomes. Teradata delivers real-time, intelligent answers, leveraging 100% of the relevant data, regardless of scale or volume of query. We do it on-premises, in the cloud, and everywhere in between.
This is an exciting time to join Teradata, as we go through a number of transformations:
- Building out our Vantage data and analytics platform together with valuable apps
- Offering on-prem, private & public cloud options
- Offering as-a-service and consumption-based options
- Maturing our Lean/Agile development approach
We have a winning vision and strategy, and there is great energy on the team!
We are looking for a capable and passionate Program Manager to own and drive end-to-end product development, from ideation through implementation and adoption, in a cross-functional, fast-paced and highly-technical environment. We have a robust roadmap of SQL Platform infrastructure features including Parallel Upgrade Tool, Linux Operating system and SQLE Security features as we build best in class products for our customers.
Our program managers provide an effective execution framework to enable our teams to predictably deliver valuable and high-quality products and services.
Our program managers and scrum masters ensure alignment and transparency between stakeholders and the team and foster a positive and collaborative environment.
- Shepherd ideas from concept into development, ensuring the value propositions and business models are clear and validated, following our lifecycle process
- Release Train Engineer duties including PI Planning and Scrum of Scrum facilitation
- Scrum Master duties for two SQLE Optimizer solution teams
- Work with Product Managers, Product Owners, UX, Architects, Engineering Managers and Scrum Masters to ensure there is a properly prepared backlog
- Capacity planning based on historical velocity
- Ensure the team is staffed and funded for success, and operates within budget
- Facilitate quarterly and release planning, scrum-of-scrums, and program reviews
- Support the team with data views of timelines, completion, quality, and tech debt
- Coordinate system and solution demos
- Collaborate with Customer Support, Services, Marketing, and Sales to ensure customers adopt and are delighted by our releases, with issues quickly resolved
- Identify and rapidly mitigate risk and uncertainty
- Eliminate/manage impediments, risks and dependencies with a focus on Lean flow
- Ensure we integrate and receive user feedback early and often
- Conduct retrospectives and RCAs and follow up on actions to drive relentless improvement
- Provide guidance and mentoring to Scrum Masters and other program managers
- Provides transparency into Program health plugged into appropriate operating mechanisms
- Ensures KPIs are defined, measured and adhered to
- Can integrate into early adopter processes
- Sc. in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum five years of experience as Program/Project Manager or Scrum Master
- Experience leading medium-to-large scale programs with cross-functional stakeholders using an Agile development approach
- Project management placeholder
- Due to the nature of this work, US Citizenship is required
- Tech savvy with prior experience as a developer or tester, understanding modern software development practices
- Experience with multiple Industries; financial, retail, etc.
- Experience with cloud technology and delivering software-as-a-service
- Experience leading programs with global teams
- Experience using, and deep understanding of, Lean, XP, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- Excellent influencing, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Program Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US