Software Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 210004
Software Engineer (II)
Software Engineer II, Sustaining Engineering
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico (Zona Rio)
Teradata Sustaining Engineering is an expert team of software engineers focused on delivering deep-level technical support to our customers. Building upon your foundational Software Engineering and Database skills, you will develop a thorough understanding of the Teradata products, their associated tools and platforms, and the ability to clearly articulate findings, decisions, and solutions. We’re targeting a highly motivated and creative software engineer for this entry-level position who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success. Teradata’s Customer Service Organization has four levels of expertise to handle customer issues and Sustaining Engineering represents the highest level of expertise. As such, Sustaining Engineering is responsible to implement a final software fix for the customer issue.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Product/Problem analysis to determine the root cause of defects in Teradata Database software
- Implement software fixes, perform tests, and merge fixes into the code base for software defects reported in DR (Discrepancy Report) or JIRA.
- Interface with other organizations (internal and external). Ability to maneuver cross-organizationally and demonstrate a high level of professionalism. Ability to deliver succinct and concise presentations
Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate is an acknowledged Teradata expert with strong interpersonal and communications skills, excellent analytical skills, ability to plan and organize. The successful candidate will have the ability to lead, mentor, and transfer knowledge to others. They will have experience in high-performance computing environments.
- Current USA B1 Visa or the ability to obtain USA B1 Visa as a condition of employment
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- BS or MS in Computer Science or another technical discipline with 2-5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of an enterprise-level relational database (Teradata, SQL, DB2, etc.)
- Knowledge SUSE LINUX operating system
- Good knowledge of programming language of C/C++, Java, or Python
- Strong communication skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to understand and work with complex software and parallel processing
- Prior experience working with Teradata Database and associated platforms (Vantage, Aster, QueryGrid, Unity)
- Experience in system software programming
- Experience with data analysis
- Global engineering organization that provides 24/7/365 support
- 24x7 operation may require on-call rotation (on-call rotation starts after 6-month training period)
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX