Global Tools and Technologies Program Manager - Channel Partners and Alliances
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209996
Business Technology Analyst (IV)
Global Tools and Technologies Program Manager – Channel Partners and Alliances
Teradata is looking to add a new Program Manager / Product Owner with specialty in Channel Partner and Indirect Sales Tools and Technologies and Business Process Management / Solution Consulting to our existing Global Sales Operations Tools & Technologies team of analytical, problem solving and solution-oriented product owners and program managers with experience supporting indirect and enterprise sales teams.
Day to day focus is on implementation, adoption, hygiene and documenting best practices while being on the leading edge of developing and representing business requirements for our Channel Partner Sales Cloud Platform and other sales technologies. This position will work closely with Partner (Global Alliances / Client Relationship Management), Sales and GTM Leadership, Account Teams, Sales Operations Managers, Technology and Enablement teams, Marketing, IT to define and deliver channel partner technology solutions and business processes aligned with our strategy and roadmap.
The ideal candidate will be data driven, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while maintaining focus on high impact projects aligned to a global strategy and to develop and make recommendations on business process improvements for the partner relationship management platform implementation and operations.
This is a full-time individual contributor position based in San Diego, CA. Applicants outside of San Diego, CA, but located in the United States will be considered for a remote virtual office.
- Interact directly with partner/channel organization, indirect sales, sales leaders, and other team members to capture feedback for channel partner technology (PRM) and process improvements to drive adoption and deliver business value.
- Grow and evolve our partner ecosystem programs, policies and processes, while sharing your insights to support other functions across the broader team.
- Develop and execute strategies unlocking the value of Teradata investment in technologies serving our global sales and partner organization.
- Product Owner for assigned capability / program area representing the business stakeholder(s) and/or customer(s).
- Define, document, and share best practices to ensure channel partner processes and terminology are consistently understood and applied across the organization and regions.
- Improve operational efficiencies through a combination of process and technology to drive channel sales productivity and insight.
- Drive behaviors to maintain data integrity to ensure accurate insights, positively impacting partner leadership’s ability to adjust strategy and tactics.
- Partner with Global Alliances / Partner team, Business, Product, Finance, Strategy, and IT to ensure that partner platform and other tools are set up and aligned to effectively support Teradata’s coverage models around the world.
- Provide strategic consulting for business partners, partner/sales stakeholders, and IT for business case development
- Actively participate in roadmap identification and prioritization with Business and IT partners.
- Manage all phases of the program / project delivery cycle and consults / brings recommendations for programs / projects. Take large, company-wide, highly visible cross-functional programs from vision to release.
- Actively participate in evaluations, testing and training of all technologies serving our Channel Relationship Management / Partner teams.
- Minimum of 5 years product/program management with at least 3 years of that dedicated to supporting specifically partner programs (resale, implementation, service provider or technology) within alliances/partner/channel-sales organizations, Indirect Sales Support, Channel Operations, or Sales Field Impacting role experience.
- Direct experience in managing and driving value from Partner Relationship Management technologies (e.g. Salesforce.com, Salesforce Partner Relationship Management (PRM), Salesforce Communities, Impartner PRM, PartnerStack) and leading / partnering cross-functionally to deliver complex programs and projects.
- Extensive experience designing and developing system-wide partner operational improvements.
- Good understanding of the different channel partner types, especially the Cloud Service Provider (CSP) partners Marketplace (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud).
- Experience with resellers/distribution partner processes in a SaaS/Cloud enterprise company or software vendor, and knowledge of how these processes integrate into existing systems/tools.
- Proactive and passionate: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Determine the business impact of current and future technologies for the Channel Partner Organization.
- Must possess business acumen, indirect sales policy, field facing acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Develop and make recommendations to business process improvements and impacts to different business / sales and partner areas.
- Solution Business Consulting skills, including analysis/evaluation of business and/or system processes and functional recommendation highly desired.
- Experience working and communicating with senior executives to solve complex business problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics)
- Salesforce or PRM Certifications a plus but not required
- Project/Program Management, or Agile / Product Owner Certification a plus, but not required
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Global Tools and Technologies Program Manager - Channel Partners and Alliances
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US