Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Location: North Sydney, New South Wales AU
Requisition Number: 209989
Administrative Assistant II
Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
Teradata is the leading data analytics software, platforms, applications, and services company, listed on the NYSE (TDC). Teradata has over 1000 customers worldwide and operates in more than 60 countries.
We are seeking an energetic, self-starter candidate, with excellent people and senior stakeholder management skills to support members of Teradata’s AP/J Leadership Team based in Australia. The role is based out Teradata’s office located in North Sydney. This role, as mentioned in the title, has dual responsibility of Executive Administrative Assistant and Office Management. The Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager must be able to operate within a fast-paced, quick-changing growth environment. The person must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to manage ambiguity. The individual must work with a high level of confidentiality and have excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff as well as outside clients and vendors. The role requires a results-oriented, self-motivator who can work proactively and independently.
- Maintain senior management calendars, schedule appointments and conference calls, prepare itineraries, make travel arrangements, and support special projects as requested.
- Compose and prepare memos, letters, and other correspondence & review comprehension and grammar as needed.
- Maintain organization charts and email distribution lists.
- Assist with transitioning new hires into the organization including ordering equipment and help with their orientation and assimilation.
- Handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Provide on-site facility support in coordination with property managers and vendors, including pantry, conference rooms, catering, visitor access, etc.
- Facilitate required security checks and building access permissions.
- Sort and distribute mail, maintain files and records, order supplies, including pantry items and equipment.
- Assist with preparation of meetings - booking conference rooms, scheduling conference calls, catering, etc.
- Coordinate office events such as Teradata Cares Community Relations events, internal and client meetings, etc.
- Process department invoices and check requests through Accounts Payable.
- Effectively prepare and edit presentation materials, using templates, layouts, and formatting to create reusable content.
- Prepare, run and / or format reports, from basic system queries.
Contribute as a member of the Teradata Administrative Team.
- Liaise with Corporate Risk team and local brokers in relation to renewal of company insurances; maintain certificates of currency.
- Expense Report preparation and submission on behalf of senior management team members.
- Administrator and authorised signatory for corporate credit card program – both T&E and Purchasing Card; vendor relationship management.
- Restaging & setting up laptops for new starters
- Facilities management – assist Corporate Real Estate team in all matters relating administration of facilities for all sites in Australia and New Zealand, e.g., processing of invoices, arranging utilities, services, etc; as well as local facilities management – liaise with landlord in matters relating to Sydney office e.g., access cards, parking, maintenance and repairs, cleaning, etc.
- Assist Corporate IT team – site contact for server issues, maintaining register of returned PCs, redeployment of used PCs, etc. Contact point for local suppliers – Canon, Dell, Triforce, AT&T, etc…
- EH&S site co-ordinator – complete required training.
- Fire Warden – complete required training.
- First Aid Officer – complete required training.
- Reception relief.
- General administrative duties.
- Special projects as requested.
Teradata offers multi-cultural and collaborative work environment. Teradata firmly believes in working with respect and mutual cooperation.
- Graduate or tertiary diploma or equivalent
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Extensive working knowledge and high proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; strong editing and grammar skills.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Experience with web-based systems and online financial systems, for example Oracle, SAP, etc.
- Good understanding and knowledge of internal office technology platforms & processes such as, but not limited to, use of Workday, GetThere Travel, HR forms, purchase orders, purchasing card reconciliation, limited technical support, etc.
Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to multi-task and provide cross organizational support.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong planning abilities, ability to lead problem solving, and work independently.
- Positively represent Teradata through proper phone etiquette, and efficiently routing and screening messages.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the flexibility and ability to work efficiently and concurrently with multiple organizations and managers.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience supporting senior level executives
- Previous experience in the technology industry
- Experience working with a multi-national company
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Job Category: Administrative
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU