Manager, Cloud Engineering
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 209986
Manager, Cloud Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
We’re looking for a hands-on technical engineering manager that has experience in building and supporting large-scale distributed systems on public cloud infrastructure platform.
- Architect, design, and implement efficient and reusable user interface and back-end services that drive complex workflows in integrating different Vantage Cloud platform capabilities and aggregating them in an intuitive console / dashboard.
- Take ownership of the feature and services from inception to operating in production and provide engineering and operational leadership with close partnership with global teams.
- Experience in communicating with customers, collaborating with technical/design teams, and senior management to define requirements and describe product features
- Work closely with product owners on feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products.
- Cross-team collaboration with user experience, product management, and documentation teams, as well as technical leaders from other engineering teams on driving the vision from engineering standpoint and helping remove bottlenecks in its implementation.
- Hire and retain a world-class and diverse full-stack engineering team
- Demonstrated progressive work experience of 12-15 years of designing, building, and deploying distributed systems in production of which 3+ years is in Engineering Management.
- Experience leading a team of full-stack cloud engineers in an Agile environment
- Deep understanding and foundation in developing microservices in Serverless architecture is expected.
- Advocate of building cloud native services and applications with strong focus on DevOps principles like CI/CD, TDD and Automation
- Experience with a relational and non-relational data stores (Postgres, Redis, etc.) and text query engines (Elasticsearch, Lucene, etc.)
- Exposure to one or more Public cloud environments (AWS or Azure or GCP) for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS applications.
- Inspiring and self-motivated individual driving strong sense of purpose and agility.
- Passionate to learn, understand, and dissect new technology stack.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a global team.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Cloud Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN