Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209983
Cloud Services Engineer (III)
Senior Cloud Services Engineer
Do you describe yourself as a creative thinker and a person who can hit the ground running? Then join our team of doers and disruptors! As part of our growing cloud team in Hyderabad, you’ll build, own and manage various cloud services. Whether a new feature or a microservice, you’ll use modern methodologies and open source tools in an Agile environment to drive design, implementation, testing, and release.
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Engineer who is passionate about building innovative cloud services on Microsoft Azure platform. This is your opportunity to be part of the team that’s working in a startup environment and directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services.
- Design, Implement and Operate highly-scalable, fault-tolerant, elastic and secure end-to-end cloud service.
- Build low-friction APIs, highly-responsive web UIs, intuitive CLIs, and the backend support.
- Automate application provisioning, system upgrades and database scale operations.
- Using professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing, and operations.
- Provide regular reports on how Cloud architecture and application design are impacting development, quality, operations, and performance.
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, PMs and leadership team.
- Evaluate new technologies, open source libraries, cloud native services and define long term strategic investments and feature roadmaps.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field or equal experience)
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Demonstratable experience in at least one modern general-purpose programming language (like Java, Python, Typescript and Go)
- Proven experience building services on at least one of public cloud platforms - AWS or Azure or GCP. Preferably Azure.
- Detail oriented and quality mindset.
- Experience working with automated deployments and source code/configuration management tools (such as GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, and similar)
- Understanding of modern web frameworks and tools (such as Angular, React, Backbone, Sass, Webpack, Polymer, Closure, and Backbone)
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with other internal and external partner organizations
- Sound understanding of what it takes to have a production ready solution and operate in the DevOps model.
- Solid understanding of the UNIX/Linux/Windows operating systems
- Experience in databases, data warehousing and high performance computing environments.
- Experience with containerization technology such as Kubernetes or Docker Containers.
- Continuous Integration solutions such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory
- Working Experience on Teradata.
- Configuration management software experience a plus - Helm, Ansible is a plus.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN