Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Seattle, Washington US
Requisition Number: 209926
Teradata is growing our Cloud Operations team and we’re looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then this is the place for you. You will actively develop and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Sr DevOps Engineer to build and operate highly scalable, fault tolerant, and secure systems in a distributed system highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Develop and build highly available systems and software in large distributed and Hybrid Cloud environments
- Deep dive and troubleshoot issues using modern monitoring tools such as Datadog, NewRelic, DynaTrace
- Provide in-depth analysis for improving the deployment of cloud-native applications, monitoring, securing, and supporting a large-scale public cloud environment
- Analyze and document existing provisioning processes for automation opportunities and improvements
- Mentor team members in use of industry standard best practices
- Working with the development teams to clarify runtime infrastructure requirements
- Collaborating with other team members to decompose large tasks into small, testable commits
- Understanding performance and security considerations for the code we deploy
- Collaborate with distributed, global teams to achieve common goals
- Build automation frameworks and systems to improve time to delivery through the use of modern CI/CD systems
- Participate in on-call for escalated support of production customer and systems
- Perform and improve SRE / operational functions, such as monitoring and maintenance of productions systems
- 5+ years of relevant job experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Strong hands-on system administrator experience on public cloud platforms, at least one of the big three (Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure)
- Strong coding skills
- Experience with Monitoring and reporting tools such as DataDog, New Relic, or DynaTrace
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with Test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven, Ant
- Strong experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience working with database systems, network topologies, and hardware
- Experience working in hybrid environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US