Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Requisition Number: 209926
Teradata is growing our Cloud Operations team and we’re looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then this is the place for you. You will actively develop and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Sr DevOps Engineer to build and operate highly scalable, fault tolerant, and secure systems in a distributed system highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Develop and build highly available systems and software in large distributed and Hybrid Cloud environments
- Deep dive and troubleshoot issues using modern monitoring tools such as Datadog, NewRelic, DynaTrace
- Provide in-depth analysis for improving the deployment of cloud-native applications, monitoring, securing, and supporting a large-scale public cloud environment
- Analyze and document existing provisioning processes for automation opportunities and improvements
- Mentor team members in use of industry standard best practices
- Working with the development teams to clarify runtime infrastructure requirements
- Collaborating with other team members to decompose large tasks into small, testable commits
- Understanding performance and security considerations for the code we deploy
- Collaborate with distributed, global teams to achieve common goals
- Build automation frameworks and systems to improve time to delivery through the use of modern CI/CD systems
- Participate in on-call for escalated support of production customer and systems
- Perform and improve SRE / operational functions, such as monitoring and maintenance of productions systems
- 5+ years of relevant job experience
- Strong hands-on system administrator experience on public cloud platforms, at least one of the big three (Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure)
- Strong coding skills
- Experience with Monitoring and reporting tools such as DataDog, New Relic, or DynaTrace
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with Test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven, Ant
- Strong experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience working with database systems, network topologies, and hardware
- Experience working in hybrid environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the email@example.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US