Pre Sales Solution Engineer - Healthcare Life Science
Location: San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 209925
Pre-Sales Solution Engineer - Healthcare Life Science
The Technical Pre-Sales Solution Engineer (SE) leverages data architecture, analytics, and associated domain knowledge to promote sales of Teradata solutions. The SE has broad knowledge of data warehousing, data lakes, cloud architectures, analytics, and experience with Teradata products and technologies.
The SE articulates analytical ecosystem architectures and trends, while providing technical consulting as a trusted advisor to support sales activities. The SE establishes and enhances customer relationships ranging from DBAs to the C-Suite and provides technical expertise on new and existing sales opportunities.
- Drive sales of Teradata software and services.
- Partners with Account Executive and extended account team on opportunity planning and strategy.
- Works with overall account team to identify and qualify sales opportunities.
- Serve as the technical sales resource for multiple Teradata account teams.
- Serves as trusted technical advisor to the client being responsible for articulation and presentation of solutions and their business value.
- Influence the purchase and adoption of Teradata software through positioning of new products and services against other competitive solutions.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and credibility with customers from technical admin to the C-Suite.
- Understand and advise customers on data ecosystem architectures.
- Be the account team member responsible for the internal ordering process from solution sizing to deployment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a keen interest in and understanding of developments in data and analytic solutions.
- Experience in promoting analytic solutions for large enterprises in either a pre-sales or delivery role • Must have experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Must have knowledge of the competitive landscape and an understanding of Teradata’s differentiators
- A clear, confident and persuasive communicator who can craft, summarize and deliver messaging for various groups of users, influencers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ability to understand customer’s needs and provide thought leadership to influence and build trust at different levels.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities across multiple customers.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills.
- Have a degree level qualification or relevant experience in computer science, software engineering, mathematics, management information systems or a related discipline.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50%. Generally, travel is around 50% when customer allow onsite access.
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
Grade and salary are commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience. You will meet with customers and account teams in-person, and a small amount of local and international travel is needed from time to time for training purposes.
The role allows for some flexibility of working hours in line with the immediate needs of your customers and the account team.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Pre Sales Solution Engineer - Healthcare Life Science
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Francisco, California US