Senior QA Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209917
Test Engineer (III)
Senior QA Engineer
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share - our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
Ecosystem Core Services (ECS) provides common infrastructure for Teradata’s Vantage microservice architecture. We provide authentication, authorization and auditing services for applications deployed on the platform leveraging integration into LDAP, SAML and OpenID Connect platforms. ECS enables a REST based Query Service for the Teradata database, secret management, system registration and notifications. ECS maintains Java and Go microservice frameworks which enable rapid application development for Teradata development teams.
Our services are built in Java and Golang with open-source technology leveraged where it makes sense. We work across the company with our partners from different product teams, security and the database to deliver integrated solutions. We’re building an ecosystem to enable the next generation of data developers innovate as quickly as possible. That includes building new APIs, frameworks and development tools to make that happen.
As the Senior QA Engineer, you will be responsible for leveraging and extending existing test automation tools and frameworks. You will build automated testing capabilities for our CI/CD pipelines and use best practices to test on distributed systems located on public and private clouds. You will create robust and comprehensive test plans to verify functionality of the entire technology stack. You must have solid analytic skills, an enthusiasm for taking ownership, working as a team player, and a strong commitment to quality. In addition, you possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience with testing highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic and secure services in public cloud environments like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud. You should have a thorough understanding of Internet protocols and experience with testing services built using Java/Golang in a Linux/Unix and Docker environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on and owning software service, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building excellent software systems but also making sure they are scalable, fault-tolerant and highly performant.
- You are able to perform software testing through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for the products
- You will build and run test automation in a CI/CD pipeline
- You will ensure quality system integration into the overall functionality of the product
- You can work closely with an Agile Squad to analyze the epics and stories for testability, clarify acceptance criteria, and look for opportunities to prevent problems before code is written
- You have the skills to analyze & triage automated tests running in the Continuous Integration system, taking appropriate action, and monitoring for (and fixing) bad tests
- You will contribute to improvements with our testing tools to support continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automated testing
- You will work side-by-side with the development team on testing in parallel and automating tests in the sprints
- You will participate in design reviews, advocating for the customer experience, testability, proper monitoring, and defect prevention
- You can execute test cases in an efficient and timely manner to ensure product quality during release cycles
- You will help manage and drive testing schedules and related activities
- You will identify and clearly document software defects. Create and maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software
- You must work closely with Developers and the Product team to coordinate test efforts and to resolve issues
- You will complete QE support during go-live activities related to releases
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and at least 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience developing and leveraging automated testing systems. Alternatively, we will also accept a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and at least 3 years of experience developing and leveraging automated testing systems.
- Testing RESTful APIs
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure), Private Cloud (VMWare)
- Experience with unit, integration, functional, regression, performance and end-to-end testing
- Build tools – Gradle, Maven, Make
- Version Control Systems – Git/Github/Bitbucket
- Continuous integration solutions such as Jenkins and TeamCity
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban, Lean)
The following are nice to have:
- AngularJS, Node.js, Protractor
- Selenium WebDriver
Location: This position is located in San Diego, CA, and qualifies for remote
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior QA Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US