Senior Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209904
Software Engineer (III)
Responsible for the designing and development of new features in the complex areas of the Cloud Database including understanding of the existing features and code which needs strong ‘C/C++’ skills. Excellent analytic abilities with an extensive background understanding of Database internals, SQL grammar, data structures and OS internals. Candidate shall also be involved in fixing bugs in the Coud Database code initially to gain an understanding of the different areas. Experience in working in UNIX / Linux environments is highly desirable.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of programming and development experience.
- Ability to design complex database features
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Proficient and hands on experience in Data structures & Algorithms.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and SQL.
- Excellent problem solving and strong debugging skills
- Experience with GDB, GitHub is a plus.
- Working experience in Agile Software Development
- Ability to work with a Product Owner, Senior Developers, Feature Testers in Agile framework
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible primarily for the development and delivery of Cloud database features.
- Participate in understanding of feature requirements and enhancements and creation of design documents.
- Develop, unit test and review the code in C/C++ language.
- Analyze database defects, design fix and unit test changes.
- Aptitude for understanding complex software from the functional and technical perspective.
- Responsible for code quality
- Report progress against objectives on periodic basis
Works with product Owner, Architects, scrum team and reports to Engineering Manager
and generating Design Documents, Software development, Unit/Integration testing, bug fixing.
- Strong programming skills with C/C++ and Data structures
- Software development experience in Linux and Windows O/S
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
The following skills are nice to have:
- Cloud knowledge
- Teradata Database Knowledge
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN