Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209899
Software Engineer (II)
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too. If You love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad, and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the team is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world-renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest business problems with data and analytics and leveraging the latest technologies excite you? Would you like to work with a team of the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions? Then, Teradata has your next career opportunity.
- You must be able to design, develop and document software by leveraging agile and CI/CD methodologies.
- Understand the existing code base and provide post production support.
- You are comfortable in a team environment that is highly collaborative and places strong emphasis on peer review.
- You are able to engineer applications and web services that can run in the cloud, on premise or in hybrid environments.
- You have a strong passion for developing incredibly simple yet highly functional API’s.
- You have familiarity with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and Mesos.
- You have familiarity with containerization technologies, specifically Docker.
- You are knowledgeable with open-source tools and technologies and can use / extend them wherever appropriate to develop solutions.
- You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are highly motivated, think creatively, and comfortable working in team-based environments
- Must have experience programming in Java and/or Golang
- Must have experience with server-side and web-based development
- Must have strong debugging skills
- Familiarity with containerization technology such as Docker
- Familiarity with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Familiarity with RDBMS – PostgreSQL, MySQL etc
- Familiarity with Public Cloud – AWS, Azure, GCP. Private Cloud – VMWare
- Familiarity with Spring and Hibernate
- Building and leveraging CI/CD pipelines
- Build tools – Gradle, Maven, make
- Configuration management software experience a plus - Helm, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Master’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) with 0 to 1 years of experience or Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) with 2 to 5 years of experience.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN