Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209898
Cloud Services Engineer (III)
Do you describe yourself as a creative thinker and a person who can hit the ground running? Then join our team of doers and disruptors! As part of our growing cloud team in Teradata India, you’ll build, own and manage various cloud services. Whether a new feature or a microservice, you’ll use modern methodologies and open source tools in an Agile environment to drive design, implementation, testing, and release.
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for an experienced Staff Cloud Engineer who is passionate about building innovative cloud services and infrastructure capabilities. This is your opportunity to be part of the team that’s working in a startup environment and directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services on public cloud platform such as AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Be a Technical lead for a scrum team and drive the service design and development.
- Design, Implement and Operate highly-scalable, fault-tolerant, elastic and secure end-to-end cloud service.
- Build low-friction APIs, highly-responsive web UIs, intuitive CLIs, and the backend support.
- Automate application provisioning, system upgrades and database scale operations.
- Using professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing, and operations.
- Provide regular reports on how Cloud architecture and application design are impacting development, quality, operations, and performance.
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, PMs and senior leadership team.
- Evaluate new technologies, open source libraries, cloud native services and define long term strategic investments and feature roadmaps.
- Master’s degree in CS or related field. Or Bachelor's degree in CS (or related field with adequate experience)
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- 5+ years demonstratable experience in at least one modern general-purpose programming language (like Python, Java, C++ or Go). Preferably Python.
- Proven experience building services on at least one of public cloud platforms - AWS or Azure or GCP. Preferably Azure.
- Experience working with automations, provisioning/deployments solutions and templates such as Terraform, Jenkins, AWS Cloud Formation, Azure ARM Templates, Ansible or similar. Strongly prefer Terraform. Working experience with multiple of these technologies is a plus.
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with other internal and external partner organizations
- Sound understanding of what it takes to have a production ready solution and operate in the DevOps model.
- Solid understanding of the UNIX/Linux operating systems. Preferably SUSE.
- Experience in databases and distributed systems.
- Experience with containerization technology such as Kubernetes, Docker is a plus.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Knowledge about Continuous Integration solutions such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory is preferred.
- Knowledge about Teradata software and is a plus.
Familiarity with Agile/SAFE project management methodologies and processes is a plus.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN