Senior Manager, Finance Applications (IT)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 209893
The ITAS (Information, Technology, Analytics, and Security) Finance Application Senior Manager will be responsible for delivery of application support and enhancements of Teradata’s Financial, Accounting, and Operations application portfolio. In addition, the position will manage the ERP and Financial Application Team of on-shore and off-shore ITAS Associates.
The Senior Manager will be based in Atlanta, GA leading a team of full time on-shore Analysts, contingent off-shore Support and Development staff, and key application contingent worker staff. The scope of application responsibility will span Teradata’s ERP application Oracle E-Business Suite version 12.1.3 as well as Hyperion Planning and Financial Management (HFM), WorkDay Travel and Expense, WorkDay Revenue Recognition, and various other legacy applications. While Atlanta is the preferred location, a secondary location at our headquarters in San Diego would also be considered.
The Finance Application Senior Manager will also play a key role in Teradata’s Transformation initiative. Replacement of our ERP and various other legacy Finance Applications is a major subcomponent of the Teradata Transformation Program. The goal of Teradata’s overall Transformation Program is to set Teradata on the path to future growth, market success, profitability, as well as establish agile process/platforms that enable scalability and continuous improvement capability. With those goals as a guide, the ITAS Finance Application Manager will be expected to balance sustenance of the existing portfolio with making significant contributions to Teradata’s future process and application state.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading application support, development, and enhancement organizations with global scope, be an excellent communicator and leader, and comfortable in managing on shore and offshore resource Teams.
Teradata Financial Application Landscape Characteristics
Active Users: 2,800 +
Functions: Order to Cash, Record to Report, Source to Pay, Supply Chain Management, Spare Parts Management, Master Data, and Analytics and Reporting
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership of the ITAS Finance Application Team
- Serve as the trusted ITAS partner to the Finance and Accounting organizations
- Management of ITAS Financial Application Team on-shore, off-shore, and contingent work staff
- Management of the IT Finance Application portfolio by tracking CMDB maintenance, usage and maintenance agreements, and end of life issues
- Deliver value and efficiency to Finance and Accounting organizations with standard automated solutions
- Provide technical advice and guidance to ITAS Finance Business partners
- Work collaboratively with the Business and other ITAS Team to deliver value to Teradata
- Adhere to and utilize company Internal Controls procedure related to release and change management
- Travel as required for successful delivery of initiatives; Domestic Travel: 10-15%, International Travel for this role is possible, although unlikely and would be extremely minimal. All safety considerations will be taken into account in regards to COVID-19.
- Experience with management of support, development, contingent worker IT staff
- Experience with management of ERP and Financial Application portfolio with global user scope or more than 2,500+ users and multiple time zones
- Prior experience with Oracle ERP Applications is a plus
- Expert level communications agent with proven, seasoned expertise in managing efforts across silos as well as upwards to C-level members of the company
- Seasoned with diverse systems landscapes and integration needs (i.e. CRM, ERP, BI, HFM, Cloud based Infrastructure, etc.)
- Minimum BS/BA in business or a technical field with 10+ years of directly relevant experience, e.g. ERP platforms and programs. Preferred Master’s degree with 10+ years of applicable business experience, with at least five (5) years of management experience. (minimum 5 years’ experience with at least 7 or more direct reports)
- Comprehensive and demonstrable understanding and experience in managing level 2 and 3 ServiceDesk Support staff
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability
- Ability to address and resolve difficult situations even under time pressure
- Experience managing solution projects with a global footprint
- Experience collaborating with and supporting business leaders within a large corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage the expectations of stakeholders, team members, management, and external partners
- Profound knowledge on business process, business data and related key performance indicators
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Finance Applications (IT)
Job Category: IT
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US