Sr. Staff CloudOps Engineer
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 209890
Software Architect (V)
Teradata Analytics Applications is seeking a talented CloudOps engineer capable of supporting the next generation vision for our “Best of Breed” Enterprise Interaction Management and Analytics applications. We are looking for a passionate engineer who can build and deploy microservices in a repeatable CI/CD pipeline using industry best practices.
- Work closely with a team of engineers to design and implement features and components aligned with Teradata Analytic Applications business strategy.
- Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams to design, implement and troubleshoot web-applications and refactor codebase to improve maintainability.
- Utilize understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
- Build out a suite of microservices capabilities and work to package them as various product solutions
- Maintain and configure CI/CD plans, develop installation tools, configure and automate the deployment of new environments and microservices
- Manage, patch, support and troubleshoot SaaS offerings in Cloud infrastructure
- Utilize monitoring tools like Datadog and Uptrends to proactively discover potential issues
- Participate in on-call rotation for 7/24/365 production environments
- Experience in Java as well as experience with building applications using technologies such as Spring Boot
- Experience with configuration management frameworks such as Ansible and Terraform
- Experience building and supporting highly available, fault tolerant and secure environments in cloud platforms
- Strong troubleshooting experience on Linux, preferably RHEL, CentOS, SLES
- Ansible, Bash, python, or Terraform scripting experience
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Datadog, Nagios, Uptrends
- Some understanding of relational databases is preferred
- 3+ years developing and supporting web applications in a highly transparent agile organization, with iterations, continuous integration and a drive for quality.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives.
- AWS, VMware, Azure, or Google Cloud certifications and experience are preferable
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Staff CloudOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US