Business Consultant Financial Services
Location: Dubai, Dubayy AE
Requisition Number: 209825
Business Consultant – Financial Services
The Business Consultant (BC) is a key member of Teradata’s go-to-market (GTM) account team. Engaging directly with our clients, you’ll form part of a close collaborative triad with two other key dedicated team members – the Account Executive and Solution Engineer.
You’ll sell business capabilities and solutions powered by Teradata Vantage software, helping solve complex business and industry challenges with software and consulting services. Whether stand-alone projects or larger data management and analytics programs, you’ll build relationships with our client’s business buyers, influencers, and focus on fostering customer business benefits and growth.
As a Business Consultant, you’ll report to the Geo Business Consulting Leader.
The primary focus of the Financial Services BC is to ensure that value is created through the use of Teradata technology, and that this value is clearly articulated both internally and externally and leveraged as part of the ongoing Teradata sales activities with our customers and prospects.
These responsibilities are reflected in key skills you’ll need
- Strong industry and / or subject domain knowledge that enables you to position Teradata in a differentiated way
- Strong team working skills – both within your account team and with other stakeholders
- Professional and effective communication skills that successfully build and maintain customer relationships at senior management and C-level
- Strong commercial practices in structuring and strategizing deals
More specifically, as a Business Consultant you will
- Provide account strategy and thought leadership on how Teradata’s offerings help solve industry and business challenges and deliver real outcomes and ROI. You’re responsible for constant evaluation of business value and ROI, and the potential for new initiatives –all reflected on an outcomes roadmap with objectives and strategies to achieve them
- Act as the trusted adviser and influencer to customer senior management of various business departments.
- Work with our clients and prospects to identify opportunities for business improvement and develop action plans through business needs analysis and to link business objectives to solution offers.
- Leverage industry experience and research to develop a cohesive strategy and compelling key consulting offers, consulting methodologies and sales & marketing collateral to support account teams
- Provide input into sales strategies through insight of industry trends, company profiles, business plans and key commercial goals.
- Provide direction to account teams on key areas of a customer business to target; based on experience within Banking industry and the use of data and prioritize time and investments with the account team towards the largest and most critical opportunities for your client – always highlighting where Teradata has most differentiation value with our Vantage platform and our knowledge of Data & Analytics solutions at scale
- Support the delivery of data and analytics consulting engagements as an industry SME helping to build business cases from insights, as well as carrying out knowledge and IP capture for reuse.
- Support key internal and external events with presentations, keynote speeches, social media content, etc, that raises Teradata’s profile within the Financial Services sector
- Work with Teradata’s consulting services organisation and partners to develop relationships in support of the go to market approach.
- Prioritize time and investments with the account team towards the largest and most critical opportunities for your client – always highlighting where Teradata has most differentiation value with our Vantage platform and our knowledge of Data & Analytics solutions at scale.
- Because of the role’s collaborative nature between Teradata and the client, you’ll need to be on the client’s site for the majority of the time. So, depending on your location, travel to the client’s site is expected.
To succeed in this role, you’ll ideally have a combination of the following
- BSc, MBA or MSc
- Previous Work Experience in a Senior level operational responsibility at a recognized Bank or 10+ years actual business consulting with a consultant organization within Financial Services Industry
- Acknowledged and consolidated experience within the Data domain – Data Management, Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc
- Ability to create solid and trusted working relationships with clients – understand their business strategy and priorities, use Data & Analytics to grow their business and engage industry consultants when additional deep SME capability is required
- Experience in overseeing a portfolio of engagements and activities related to business management consultancy
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with proficiency in written and spoken business English
Community / Marketing Title: Business Consultant Financial Services
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dubai, Dubayy AE