Senior Data Scientist
Location: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG
Requisition Number: 209823
Position Title: Analytics Consulting II
Senior Data Scientist
Data Science teams at Teradata deliver business insights and value to clients through big data analytics. Our data solutions integrate into engineering and decision-making processes. Additionally, we offer advisory services to our clients including use case prioritization, tool selection and training, and capability definitions.
Teradata is expanding its data science team in Cairo. We are looking for talented, highly self-motivated, and independent data scientists at all levels.
As a data scientist, you will independently and as part of a team:
- Perform all the phases of a data science project: business understanding, data understanding and preparation, exploratory analysis, modeling, model evaluation, communicating results and business value of a model to the client and finally deploying your data product.
- Follow team development processes.
- Based on the nature of the project and the available tools, quickly learn and adapt to different technologies and tools than the ones you are used to.
- Participate in pre-sales activities: presentation, workshops and proof-of-concepts for the clients.
As a senior, you are expected to:
- Lead and mentor data scientists in client projects
- Focus on the business value of the data product
- Interface more frequently with clients
- Improve team processes
- Be tools agnostic
- Sc. or equivalent working experience in data science / machine learning
- Analytical rigor
- Proficient in either R or Python
- Intermediate level in either C, Java, C++, or C#
- Intermediate level in SQL
- Intermediate level in Matlab
- Software engineering knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical presentation skills
- Ability to conduct pre-sales presentations
- Sc. or Ph.D. in machine learning or a relevant discipline.
- Solid understanding of deep learning techniques
- Expert level in Python including Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn
- Expert level in SQL and R
- Software engineering background (Agile methodologies, Git, continuous development, etc.)
- Familiar with PySpark and MLlib
- Familiar with Excel, Tableau or PowerBI for visualization
- Familiar with SPSS Modeler and SAS Enterprise Miner for modeling
- Familiar with SAS and SPSS Statistics for statistical analysis
- Familiar with either Teradata, Oracle, or Microsoft SQL Server
- Specialized in a data science area such as NLP, Speech recognition, or image processing
- Have considerable experience in any of the following domains: telco, government, or banking
- Professional consulting background at the corporate level
- Excellent sales and public speaking skills
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG