Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209818
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like Google Cloud, AWS and Azure? Do you enjoy providing technical leadership to a team of engineers?
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will join a team of engineers, to build cloud services like data streaming and cloud native integrations that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms.
- Design and implement event-driven systems with AWS Serverless technologies.
- Collaborate with members of the engineering, product and design teams to deliver enhancements compatible with the existing platform.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
- Develop robust solutions to manage our data, APIs and other critical back-end features
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of hands-on software development experience.
- At least 1 years of experience with designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems on Google Cloud, AWS or Azure.
- Experience building distributed, highly available, scalable cloud based systems.
- Worked with AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, API Gateway and other cloud services.
- Extensive knowledge around API development with HTTP, REST and JSON.
- Understanding of serverless environments.
- Excellent skills with data modeling and data management.
- Experience embedding security controls and processes into the DevOps workflow.
- Experience with Teradata and knowledge of relational database engines.
- Very good communicator within and across teams and to different levels.
- Can explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers with ease.
- Experience with a 24/7 production environment.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US