Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209817
Software Engineer (IV)
Senior DevOps Engineer
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like Google Cloud, AWS and Azure?
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Vantage Cloud Platform team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will join a team of engineers to build cloud services that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. This position is part of the Cloud Platform Engineering Team focused on Multi-cloud infrastructure services.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Design and Implement Cloud services that manage the Infrastructure and control plane on the public cloud platforms.
- Implement automations to provision, configure, manage and monitor Teradata Cloud services, sites and offerings.
- Develop threat models to ensure the Cloud platform services are secure and meets our compliance standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with at-least 5 years of experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with at-least 3 years of experience
- At least 3 years of experience with designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems on Google Cloud, AWS or Azure.
- Experience with dev-ops software development methods.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern general-purpose programming languages like Java, C++, Go, Python, etc.
- Experience in full stack development.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker
- Experience with Cloud Management API’s (AWS, AZURE, GC).
- Experience with automation servers like Jenkins.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US