Intern - Data Science, Service Analytics
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209814
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
Teradata, the world’s largest company solely focused on enterprise data warehousing and analytic solutions, provides powerful solutions for companies of all sizes. Through innovation, consulting services, technology, and industry-specific applications, our customers are outpacing their competition with enterprise agility. It's no secret our people make Teradata great. The world’s business leaders have trusted Teradata for decades as the key to their competitive edge with business intelligence. Why? Because we provide them the agility to adapt and move with confidence – just like we do. We are more than 10,000 passionate professionals in more than 42 countries and we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence.
The Teradata Service Analytics team is dedicated to automating customer support and transforming customer support from reactive to proactive by leveraging data and analytics. Our vision is to optimize customers' Teradata solution performance and availability, through automated analytics-driven predictive/proactive issue resolution while enabling Customer self-service. Specifically, to develop an analytics software system for customer support, which will:
- Utilize data and analytics to predict Customer operational issues
- Proactively provide solutions to avoid impact to Customer operations
- Enable Customers to quickly and easily resolve their own problems
- Assist Customer Support Associates to quickly resolve customer issues
What You'll Do
You will work with data scientists on our team to develop tools to parse text data and extract information from it. The data in question may consist of computer generated logs or natural language work notes. The techniques used may include automated log parsing, natural language processing (NLP), named entity recognition, relation extraction, event extraction, part of speech tagging, sequence modeling, or text clustering. You will have some room to tailor your project to your interests, but the objective is to help automated systems understand and utilize text data, which will in turn make our customer support processes more automated and efficient. You will also collaborate with business analysts, software engineers, product owners, and support engineers to ensure your work provides concrete business value.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher in data science or machine learning, or in a related field (like statistics or computer science) with coursework in these areas
- Experience (possibly from coursework) in working with large data sets, data manipulation, data cleaning, exploratory data analysis (EDA), data visualization, and data modeling
- Experience with text data, natural language data, or natural language processing (NLP) preferred
- Programming experience, preferably in Python and SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate on an interdisciplinary team to solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, and a passion for analytics and solving real world problems.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - Data Science, Service Analytics
Job Category: College & Interns
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US