Vulnerability Management Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209807
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid Cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
The Vulnerability Management team is an integral part of Teradata Global Security and closely partners with and guides Cloud and IT Operations teams. We evangelize security at every stage of operations, and work closely with SREs to ensure applications are secure from deployment through deprecation. Our expertise lies in deep technical understanding of security and are security architects within Teradata and the wider security community. The Vulnerability Management team is tasked with building advanced security tools and methods for automating security.
The Vulnerability Management team is looking for someone who is passionate about automation and operations (DevOps) to scale security capabilities. The ideal candidate will work tirelessly to automate security processes, and will work with Cloud Operations teams to automate infrastructure as code to enable Ops teams to move faster. If you evangelize security automation and love to share your knowledge with others, this position is for you.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to architecture decisions to ensure a consistent approach to vulnerability management
- Serve as the security subject matter expert during application and Cloud architecture discussions
- Collaborate with software developers to integrate vulnerability scanners into CI/CD pipelines
- Interpret vulnerability scan results, penetration test results and describe issues and fixes to non-security experts
- Provide vulnerability remediation guidance and mentoring to product development software engineers
- Evaluation of new technologies, tools, and/or techniques that impact security
- Review, analyze, and evaluate both internally developed software and vendor products and procedures to address security requirements
- Identify and automate security processes and practices
- Write and deploy Docker applications
- Deliver security metrics to development teams
- Be a leader in security by researching ways to scale security and presenting at internal and external events.
- Train developers in various aspects of security to include secure coding, security requirements, static/dynamic security tools, etc.
Primary Job Skills:
- Work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics clearly and where necessary, in layman's terms
- General understanding of and passion for computer, Web, and network security
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Ability to automate tasks using a scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc).
- The ideal candidate is proficient in a programming language, e.g., Golang, Java, Python, C, C++, C#, Objective C, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn a programming language
- Deep understanding of HTTP and SSL/TLS protocols, and Web applications
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (all OSI layers)
- Proficiency in Linux administration
- Understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools
- MS/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Advanced degree highly preferred
Location: Hyderabad, India
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Vulnerability Management Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN