Cloud Support Leader
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209801
Position Title: Sr Manager Product Support Engineering
Cloud Support Leader
Location: San Diego, CA Preferred
The Teradata Global Support Organization is seeking a leader for our team of Technical Support Engineers who are responsible for providing 24/7 technical support for Cloud customers and transforming the Teradata Cloud Support landscape. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of enterprise customer support, SaaS/PaaS operations, and product performance behaviors with the ability to clearly articulate strategic and tactical decisions and findings with a strong focus on effective problem resolution. Extensive experience with leading a globally dispersed 24x7 organization is required.
What You'll Do
- Lead the technical support team responsible for providing 24/7 support for Cloud customers
- Own all incidents/problems escalated to the support team and be accountable for the execution of the resolution process
- Manage the incident backlog to support the achievement of resolution guidelines and collaborate with other delivery teams to ensure a seamless end-to-end solution to the end-user or collaborating team
- Lead analysis of customer incidents on a regular basis to reduce time to resolve and eliminate if possible
- Be responsible for the evaluation and continuous improvement of existing support tools, processes, and procedures to identify new opportunities for further proactive alerting, data backing, and automation to increase efficiency and effectiveness, both short-term and long-term, for the team and the organization
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management teams on designing and implementing reliability, availability, and supportability features, performing acceptance tests, creating knowledge, training support team members, fixing critical customer issues, and contributing and influencing Cloud roadmap especially around customer quality and usability
- Work with Support Product Managers on analyzing incident trends and identifying challenges and improvement opportunities on supportability and serviceability of the corresponding cloud technologies, solutions, and services
- Manage inter-organization dependencies and ensures smooth collaboration with strategic partners and vendors
- Lead team on piloting modern support strategies and methodologies and advocate these strategies to other teams
- Proactively assess, plan and ensure team capacity, composition, and competency, strategically assemble and build teams to completely oversee Cloud Support
- Coach team members to create an engaging environment of high performance and continuous professional development
- Interface with executives internally and externally, acting as the subject matter expert regarding issues related to Cloud customers
Skills and Experience Required
- Proven strong people management skills and the ability to lead, plan, and manage multiple competing complex projects
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and customers and to anticipate the needs of customers
- Able to troubleshoot complex software problems and dive into technical details in large enterprise data analytics platforms and software applications as needed.
- Capable of presenting problem resolution process, root cause analysis, and activities underway in technical and tactical terms to customer-facing teams and customers when warranted.
- Experience with LEAN analysis, 5 Whys, and design of experiments to drive continuous improvement.
- Proven capability to effectively work cross-functionally with other internal and external partner organizations.
- Experienced in managing a diverse group of support engineers and geographically dispersed teams
- Able to leverage practical means for influencing people without having direct authority.
- Seasoned in the recruitment of candidates for technical positions
- Able to recognize and distinguish performance, capable of providing constructive feedback
- Established background in managing complex software product customer support for large companies, 24/7 worldwide
- Good understanding of agile principles, experience in Agile practices in development and support
- Solid understanding of full software stack from OS, Networking, Storage to UX/UI
- Experience with Cloud platforms – AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware
- Experience with large scale distributed software systems
- Extensive knowledge of data platform technologies, data integration, enterprise data warehouse, and analytical ecosystem
- Teradata knowledge and experience is strongly preferred
- US citizen located in the US (Local to San Diego or willing to relocate are preferred)
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of people leadership experience
- 3+ years of enterprise customer support experience
- 10+ years of enterprise software development and/or engineering management experience
- 24x7 operation may require working alternate/on-call shifts
- Global organization
- Some travel will be required
- International travel may be required
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Support Leader
Job Category: Customer Support
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US