Services Operational Excellence - Support Tools and Connectivity Lead
Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 209800
Position Title: Project Manager (IV)
Support Tools and Connectivity Lead
Location: US Virtual
We’re hiring a Computer Network Architect with experience in Linux OS and Network technology. The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring daily end-to-end delivery of all Teradata Support Tools and Connectivity between Customer Environments and Teradata IT management backend services, systems, and support staff. The Support Tools and Connectivity Lead will leverage 3rd party technologies such as Thycotic Distributed Engines, ServiceNow Mid Servers, PTC Thingworx Agent, Datadog Agent, as well Teradata own tools such as Teradata Server Management, Telemetry Collection Agent, and GSO Telemetry Agent with the goal of improving customer service responsiveness and lower operational costs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Planning and implementing; The Support Tools and Connectivity Lead must determine the appropriate scope and standards for connectivity and communication. The lead sets the procedures for deploying and maintaining the support tools.
- Communicating; The Support Tools and Connectivity Lead communicates why, which, and how connections are established and takes the lead in training users and members of other processes about the importance of a healthy and secure network between Teradata and our Customers
- Auditing and reporting; The Support Tools and Connectivity Lead organizes audits of the Support Tools backend and agent infrastructure and identifies missing or unstable endpoints. The Lead must report the occurrence of these issues
- Engages with strategic projects to ensure the Support Tools and Connectivity can deliver required functionality within project timeframes
- Reviews and approves all changes to the Support Tools and Connectivity Architecture where applicable
- Mentors the organization on Support Tools and Connectivity services, concepts, policies, and procedures
- Provides and approves all requirements, use cases, user stories, etc. in support of new or improving functionality of the Support Tools and Connectivity
- Reviews and approves all requests for administrator login credentials/access rights to the Support Tools and Connectivity backend (Secret Server, ServiceNow Midserver, Thingworx, Datadog, etc)
- Reviews and publishes Support Tools and Connectivity reporting
- Effectively communicates with both technical and non-technical staff
- Maintain compliance with Security and Governance standards
- Develops and documents configurations, workflows, processes, and FAQs for all Support Tools and Connectivity processes
- Provide architecture support on Support Tools and Connectivity
- Implement proof of concepts and early release solutions in Customer environments
- Maintain up to date an ITIL and other relevant certifications
- Working knowledge in ServiceNow Midservers, PTC Thingworx, Thycotic Secret Server, Teradata Server Management, and other comparable Support Tools and Connectivity
- Experience with Linux OS and Network configuration such as IP, SFTP, HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, PROXY, DMZ, Firewalls, traceroute, and others
Required Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in an IT-related role
- 8+ years of experience in Linux OS and Network dependencies
- 5+ years of Cloud Management experience with AWS, Azure, and other comparable public clouds
- Client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills required
- 5+ hands-on Experience with Support and Connectivity tools
Preferred Qualifications and skills
- 8+ years of experience with Axeda, Thingworx, or Comparable remote support tools.
- 8+ years of experience with Teradata Server Management, GSC Tools, or Comparable monitoring system.
- 8+ years of experience as a technical lead
- 5+ years of experience with ServiceNow Midserver or Comparable technology
- 2+ years of experience with Thycotic distributed agent or Comparable technology
- 5+ years of experience with Lean, Agile, and Scrum methodologies
- 5+ years of experience in an ITOM and AIOps role working with ServiceNow Operational Intelligence
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Services Operational Excellence - Support Tools and Connectivity Lead
Job Category: Customer Support
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US