Sales Development Representative - Government
Location: Beltsville, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 209787
Do you possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivation, and intense enthusiasm? We are currently looking for an innovative, enthusiastic Business Development Representative to identify and qualify sales opportunities within our American Government Sales Organization. This position can be virtual.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is passionate about partnering with Regional Sales Leadership, Account Executives, and Marketing to generate demand and determine prospect needs, proactive account mapping, and account penetration within assigned government accounts. The BDR is a hybrid role focusing on both inbound demand capture and outbound demand generation. Depending on your location, work from home, or begin working from home and transition to the office when re-opened.
- Conduct prompt follow-up activity to inquiries generated by marketing campaigns
- Assist in educating Federal, State, and Local agencies about the data warehousing and data analytics markets, and Teradata's solutions
- Qualify and nurture leads and contacts to various stages of the sales cycle
- Set introductory appointments for Account Executives and sales leadership
- Maintain current knowledge of Teradata's products, partner product offerings, industry solutions, customer applications, competitive product differences as well as evolving strategies
- Conduct research on Federal, State, and Local agencies to develop an understanding of their business needs, infrastructure, org chart, & other relevant information for personalized outreach
- Execute outbound sales outreach campaigns through phone, email, and social media
- Track marketing programs, provide feedback on the quality of contacts and provide input for new marketing programs
- Work closely with Marketing & Sales for planning, enablement, execution, and lead hand-off
- Attend regional sales meetings
- Review, enrich, and convert lead records into contacts to support target accounts
- 1-2 years of Public Sector sales development experience, including cold calling, setting appointments for an enterprise software company.
- Prior experience with data warehouse, analytics, or business intelligence SaaS is a plus
- Prior military experience is a plus
- Has consistently exceeded goals and quotas in previous positions
- Must be comfortable cold calling and qualifying leads with high energy
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with senior marketing leaders and C-level executives
- Proven ability to establish rapport, develop, and maintain strong customer relationships
- Proven ability to act strategically and in conjunction with an Account Team to develop and deliver on a region's requirements
- Previous experience in leveraging various channels for outreach, research, and nurturing, including but not limited to marketing automation tools (Eloqua a plus), LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoominfo, Salesforce, etc.
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of the leading cloud-based analytics company. We are driving analytics at scale and AI for the world's top enterprises
- Voted as one of the world's most ethical companies for 11 years running
- Home office set up, i.e., laptop, dual monitors, docking station, and keyboard/mouse
- A beautiful campus featuring an on-site cafeteria, coffee shop, game room, fitness facility, a 1-mile walking path, and views across San Diego
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Development Representative - Government
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beltsville, Maryland US