Sr. Staff Mainframe Software Engineer
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 209767
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our team of engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic and data solutions.
Location: Teradata Labs, El Segundo
Scope of responsibilities:
This engineering position is within Teradata SQLE Platform Software area. Main responsibilities include development, maintenance and support of Command Level Interface and Teradata Tools and Utilities on z/OS using HLL, guiding Test Engineering and Customer Support personnel.
- Proven knowledge of IBM mainframe HLL environment, including C/C++
- Proven knowledge of z/OS internals and System z architecture
- Proven knowledge TCP/IP programming
- Superior debugging and problem-solving skills utilizing tools such as z/XDC and GTF
- Proven ability to produce high-quality code
- Knowledge of software versioning and configuration management
- Work effectively in a geographically dispersed development environment
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Knowledge of IBM Assembly Language
- Knowledge of Channel programming
- Understanding of relational database technologies and SQL
- Knowledge of CICS internals
- Knowledge of COBOL, PL/I
- Experience with git, Clearcase, TeamCity or comparable software versioning and build technologies
- US permanent residence
- US Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of work experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Staff Mainframe Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US