Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209743
Position Title: Software Engineer (II)
We are looking for a professional software engineer to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad to be part of Teradata’s database internals team.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too. If You love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad, and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the team is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sound appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
Role & Responsibilities
- Works with functional/development teams to analyze and identify automation test cases, identify test data requirement for automation.
- Designs test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications for testing across different platforms and with an emphasis on automation.
- Executes test cases including functional, regression, FIT, exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests for both applications and database
- Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing items; summarizing results
- Promotes and trains on continuous testing/agile test strategies and DevOps
- Working closely with the Scrum Master to ensure backlog is ready and actionable.
- Supports the development of broad and achievable release plans.
- 3-5+ years in working with test automation on complex enterprise solutions, preferably in R&D based teams
- Solid programming experience in Python, Ansible, Groovy and shell scripting
- Working experience automation tools Froglogic Squish
- Exposure to implementing test automation in a CICD pipeline
- Working experience in tools like Code coverage, coverity etc.,
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools (Jira etc.,), & peer review tools
- Hands-on experience with API testing using PostMan, JMeter or similar tools to test Services (Web API/JSON/REST)
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Git, Eclipse, Jira
- DevOps (Ansible, Jenkins)
- Agile methodology and Scrum
- Understanding of RDBMS concepts
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN