Continuous Improvement Manager (US Virtual)
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209736
Position Title: Services Offer Manager IV
Continuous Improvement Manager
Location: San Diego, CA or Virtual-US
Organization: CS&S, Services Operational Excellence - Offer Engineering
The Services Operational Excellence - Offer Engineering team translates the service offers into implementable, effective, and efficient plans for delivery. The Continuous Improvement Manager / Offer Engineer role is responsible for partnering with functional and cross-functional operations and business teams to identify opportunities for improvement, data gathering/analysis, and developing plans for streamlined, modernized processes and tools.
In this role, you will create, operationalize and enhance Teradata’s CS&S service offers to include delivery methodology, processes and workflows, roles and responsibilities, tools, training, and customer-facing materials needed to deliver a service in a way that exceeds customer value expectations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Services Delivery Methodology – Follow the defined methodology for documenting the delivery requirements for each Service deliverable.
- Create plans to build the required delivery assets in partnership with global project teams to enable CS&S for measurable efficiency and value gains.
- Gather business functional requirements for the development of streamlined tools and processes
- Apply Lean and/or Six Sigma principles (Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Standard Work Cellular Flow, Pull Replenishment, Demand and Production smoothing, Mistake-Proofing, Total Productive Maintenance) to process improvement.
- Services Enablement for the Delivery Organizations – Partner with CS&S Learning Team on the Design and deployment of formal/informal training on Service Offers for the global and regional delivery resources, Service Experience Managers, and Services Account Manager/CFL team.
- Services Measurement – Define requirements for measuring the success through key performance measurements and reporting of each Service Offer, Tool, and Process to enable a data-driven approach to continuous improvement.
- Manage multiple projects to meet aggressive deadlines with multiple stakeholders using an in-depth understanding of key technologies such as as-a-Service, Cloud, and delivery methodologies like ITIL/DevOps/CICD.
- Develops presentations for senior management to facilitate discussions on project or program progress, results, and assistance needed from them.
- Manages the day-to-day progress of the project, ensuring continued alignment with the project's vision and direction towards achieving the project's ultimate objectives.
- Manages, monitors, and evaluates all project activities.
- Ensures valid project estimates are prepared.
- Interact with key stakeholders to define the metrics, measurements, and tools to quantify business goals.
- Champion on behalf of Teradata and our Customers and help uncover issues currently impacting our Customer Experience.
- Experience taking a service/product from concept to deployment
- Customer, Cloud, aaS, database, and/or Managed Services delivery experience
- Experience working with a broad internal supply chain including engineering, marketing, training, etc.
- Experience working with resources across a global delivery model
- Experience creating customer-facing materials (marketing, training, PowerPoint decks, announcements, etc.)
- Strong client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep into requirements, data, processes, and tools/systems in order to simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
- Proven ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to executives
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Practical knowledge of analytics and data warehousing
- Services Product Management experience
- Process documentation and requirements gathering experience
- Lean Certification
- Agile/Scrum Certification
- Proven ability to self-manage work and move forward in the face of ambiguity
- Exceptional attention to detail, problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CS&S Delivery Organizations: Global Support, Service Experience, Cloud Operations, Managed Services, regional delivery
- Product Management and Services Product Management
- Go to Market (sales)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Continuous Improvement Manager (US Virtual)
Job Category: Customer Support
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US