Data Practice - Technical Lead
Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 209714
Position Title: Technology Consulting V
Data Practice - Technical Lead
UK & Ireland Technical Leads provide a wide variety of Teradata technical expertise and experience. Having a deep and demonstrable knowledge of the Teradata ecosystem, supporting technologies and/or services. The Technical Lead will provide demonstrable skills in both a pre and post sales projects.
The Technical Lead role holder is expected to engage with customer stakeholders and provide architectural and technical guidance in the areas of data lineage, data modelling, solution design, technical leadership and cloud architecture. Specific knowledge of services such as DataOps, DevOps, Cloud Migration and demonstrable experience with one or more public cloud platforms would be an advantage.
This role is expected to client facing and as such travel is expected.
- Experienced and rounded individual with demonstrable experience in a wide cross section of consulting craft.
- Provide specialist knowledge in three or more areas of expertise.
- Technical delivery leadership.
- Technical solution analysis and design.
- Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Understand the client’s business goals, IT plans, architecture and articulate linkage to the proposed data warehouse architecture and solution designs.
- Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
- Ensure that all designs are built in accordance with Teradata best practice and standards. This includes ensuring that the logical modelling activity is consistent with the other technical project activities.
- Ability to identify and quantify system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
- Show business acumen regarding how resources are managed within budget and project schedule.
- Work with the Teradata project manager to define and size any impact assessments.
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Act as the go-to person for both the customer and Teradata team for guidance and direction related to the solution design or delivery.
- Communicate and enforce standards continual improvement of best practice.
- Keep the project manager well informed of status of development effort and serve as a liaison between development staff and project manager.
- Manage communication regarding solution design and approach with client technical stakeholders.
- Identifies areas for improvement in internal processes and implements solutions.
- Recognises functional/industry issues and develops project strategies.
- Participates in the development of practice methodologies and tools.
- Analyses the client’s business at an enterprise level.
- Has responsibility for development of project methodologies and tools.
- Takes a proactive role in securing new consulting engagements and managing day-to-day client relationships and results.
- Experience as either an Enterprise/Solution/Technical Architect or Technical Delivery Lead.
- Experience of the full lifecycle in a variety of software development methodologies.
- Experience from two or more industry verticals.
- Understanding/recognition of business drivers/goals underpinning warehouse implementations.
- Good communicator with both Business & Technology teams.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Mentoring skills.
- Full life-cycle experience of a variety of software development methodologies.
- Understanding of complex database concepts and effectively employ different database design techniques.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. An effective communicator, with an ability to provide solutions as well as being open minded to those of others.
- Ability to work effectively with associates at across all organisational levels and geographical locations.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead and facilitate team and client meetings and workshops effectively.
- Expert delivery of engaging, informative and well organised presentations.
- Evangelises adherence to practice/customer/project database standards for security, coding, templates, connectivity and source control.
- Able to identify and develop further consulting opportunities and communicate them to the account team.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each Innovator's career interests when possible.
- Inspires co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Effectively utilises each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Manages client interaction and expectations regarding development efforts.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Data Practice - Technical Lead
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB