Go-to-Market Global Operations Sales Tools & Technologies Program Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209711
Position Title: Business Technology Analyst (III)
Go-to-Market Global Operations, Sales Tools & Technologies Program Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
Full-time individual contributor
Teradata is looking to add to our existing Global Sales Tools & Technologies team of analytical, problem solving and solution-oriented program managers with experience supporting enterprise sales teams and will serve as a member of a high performing Global Sales Operations Team with specialty in Tools and Technologies and Business Process Management / Solution Consulting. Day to day focus is on adoption, hygiene and documenting best practices while being on the leading edge of developing and representing business requirements for our Sales Cloud Platform and other sales technologies. This position will partner with Sales and GTM Leadership, Account Teams, Sales Operations Managers, Technology and Enablement teams, Marketing, to define and deliver technology solutions and business processes aligned with our strategy and roadmap.
The ideal candidate will be data driven, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while maintaining focus on high impact projects aligned to a global strategy and to develop and make recommendations on business technology and business process improvements. This is a full-time individual contributor position based in San Diego, CA.
- Interact directly with field sales, sales leaders and other team members to capture feedback for technology and process improvements to drive adoption and deliver business value.
- Develop and execute strategies unlocking the value of TDC investment in technologies serving our global sales organization.
- Define, document and share best practices to ensure sales processes and terminology are consistently understood and applied across the organization and regions.
- Improve operational efficiencies through a combination of process and technology to drive sales productivity and insight
- Drive behaviors to maintain data integrity to ensure accurate insights, positively impacting sales leadership’s ability to adjust strategy and tactics
- Develop and analyze sales metrics to measure performance aiding in important business decisions and identify areas of growth and those in need of improvement.
- Create, validate and maintain standard reports and dashboards needed to assess the progress of the business.
- Partner with Geographic Sales and Revenue Operations Managers and IT to ensure that Salesforce.com and other tools are set up to effectively support TDC’s coverage models around the world.
- Build relationships with cross-functional teams such as Product, Commercial Operations, Marketing, Finance and Strategy to ensure alignment.
- Build strong relationships with upstream and downstream business partners, stakeholders.
- Provide strategic consulting for business partners, sales stakeholders, and IT for business case development
- Product Owner for assigned capability / program area representing the business stakeholder(s) and/or customer(s)
- Work closely with Sales Enablement to identify training needs for leadership and account team members on technology, business practices and processes.
- Actively participate in roadmap identification and prioritization with Business and IT partners.
- Manage all phases of the program / project delivery cycle and consults / brings recommendations for programs / projects.
- Actively participate in evaluations, testing and training of all technologies serving our Sales teams.
- 3-5 years Sales Operations, Sales Support, or Sales Field Impacting role experience
- Direct experience in managing and driving value from technologies (eg Salesforce.com, MS Dynamics, Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua, Product Master) and leading / partnering cross-functionally to deliver complex programs and projects
- Proactive and passionate: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations
- Determines the business impact of current and future technologies for the GTM Sales Ops and/or Marketing Organization
- Must possess business acumen, sales policy, field facing acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skill
- Develops and makes recommendations to business process improvements and impacts to different business / sales areas.
- Experience working and communicating with senior executives to solve complex business problems
- Ability to credibly and compellingly present and support recommendations with senior leadership
- Bring clear thinking and excellent problem-solving skills to a range of challenging business questions
- Deliver strategic projects for our leadership that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrates knowledge, experience, and use of change management process techniques and impact assessment on business.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and provides continuous feedback for improvement of project management methodologies and business processes to projects and programs
- Identifies, evaluates, and consults on new sales technologies, process innovations and vendor relationships for alignment and to support strategy roadmap and deliver business value
- Extensive experience designing and developing system-wide sales operational improvements
- Excellent project and program management skills, including project structuring, scoping, and managing multiple workstreams / capability areas and projects independently
- Solution Business Consulting skills, including analysis/evaluation of business and/or system processes and functional recommendation highly desired
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics).
- Salesforce Certifications a plus but not required
- MBA / Master of Science graduate degree a plus, but not required
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®, Program Management Professional (PgMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®), and/or Agile Management Certification (Certified Professional Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner) strongly desired
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Go-to-Market Global Operations Sales Tools & Technologies Program Manager
Job Category: Sales
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US